HDMI

Im about to be pickin up my 1080p tv next week.. Wondering what cables did you guys get and if you see a diffrence between a cable that costs 25 dollars or like the moster cable one that costs like 80 dollars...

Edited by Fear-51

"80 bollars" hehehe. :p

There isn't a huge difference between the less expensive and expensive HDMI cables. Personally, I'd just go with the cheap stuff. $80 for a small cable is a rip off.

Just from my tv to my ps3... Which is basically right next to it... so probably 5 feet or so

Order the cheapest off monoprice then.

And by the way, the whole "gold plated" thing means squat as well - It's just a selling/marketing tool with the HDMI cables ;)

I own two, one a 1m gold plated ?3 cable, and the other that came with my PS3 is a 2.5m non-gold plated ?15 cable made by GAME.

Nooooo difference at all.

its a digital signal

meaning..it either works or it doesnt

if the cheap cables work..then they work just as well as the expensive ones

While no one needs to spend a lot of money on cables, that's not completely true. If an hdmi cable is bad enough then you may get artifacts that some describe and sparkly dots, or failure to display higher resolutions (which I guess falls into the not working part). In my experience 5-10 dollar cables from places like monoprice work great, but you can get a worse picture if the cable is bad enough. Fear the sparkles, heh.

It's all about insulation and transfer rate... getting a higher end cable is going to look better regardless...

I laugh at people about how they brag they got hdmi's for cheap... and then see how crappy their signal looks.

Better cables means less artifacts and less grainy images.

It's all about insulation and transfer rate... getting a higher end cable is going to look better regardless...

I laugh at people about how they brag they got hdmi's for cheap... and then see how crappy their signal looks.

Better cables means less artifacts and less grainy images.

Not monster rules again talk?

ughh

Not monster rules again talk?

ughh

No one mentioned Monster but you.

It's a fallacy to say that digital = the same no matter what cable. The only reason it's the same for many of you is because you bought the cheapest panel that said HDTV on it.

i just bought a generic 3' HDMI cable from ebay last week... $5.94 shipped and it works great. hell, my buddy gave me a 6' cable for free a couple months ago... both work great. dont overpay!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 5m one off ebay for about ?15, I sit like 3ft from my 26'' screen and have never had issues. my recomendation? don't go filthy cheap, don't pay stupidly high prices either.

No one mentioned Monster but you.

It's a fallacy to say that digital = the same no matter what cable. The only reason it's the same for many of you is because you bought the cheapest panel that said HDTV on it.

Its a digital signal, 1's and 0's, transmits or it doesn't... People who think that their expensive monster cable will somehow make those ones and zeros better are just fooling themselves .. I'm sure if monster made USB cables there would be people swearing that they have faster transfer rates and send the pics from their digital camera to their pc with better color and clarity with less grain than the cheap usb cables.

research more in the differences between digital and analogue signal transmission

digital cables such as HDMI -> I buy from monoprice, as they will do the job the same as any other hdmi cable that meets 1.3 specs.. I know not to waste money on expensive digital cables that will do the same job.

my main HDTV-> I gotta have the best, and my Pioneer 6010FD Kuro Plasma is king... some things you have to pay to get the quality.