Projector problem: Only displaying green

Hi all,

The projector we have at work all of a sudden just displays green, ive checked the cables and tried the device on other machines to rule out a video-out issue with the laptop is usually runs off and it seems fine, so it seems like its the projector.

I guess my query is, could the lamp/bulb cause this or is this likely caused by an issue with the LCD panel in front of the bulb, or something to that effect?

The boss wants to buy a new lamp for it and I dunno my spider senses just arent convinced that is the cause of the problem. I guess its possible the bulb has died to the point that its light intensity can only muster green but more experienced users thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Osiris.

If its an older model, they usually have a rotating tri coloured disk inside.

Could be it has stopped and is stuck on the green space. If it were the

bulb chances are you would get little or no light out of the lens.

I'll have to open it up when I get back into the office, it is pretty old though and that answer seems to fit in better thanthe lamp being the problem.

I must confess suicide I am unsure but I believe it to be LCD, although its easily a cpl-few years old so...

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to check quicky would be the input mode, on my LCD projector I connected my playstation 3 via component inputs and all displayed green until I changed the colour mode to 'RGB' - there is a chance the setting could have been changed?

Hi all, sorry for the delay I was at a conference and then ridiculously busy last week.

Anyway its a HP DLP model number V6100 series digital projector.

Would it still be worth opening it up and cleaning it out first? Also with this information does that rule out the globe being the issue?

Cheers heaps in advance.