[BEWARE!] Fake iPhones in circulation. Say hello to HiPhone!

Another iPhone knockoff.

While wandering through the mobile theme park that is the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, we stumbled across a strangely familiar-looking phone at the Spyker stand. Spyker is mostly known for making cars, which gave us pause.

There was no model name on the handset, but of course the first thing we thought of when we saw it was Apple's iPhone device. The available press materials failed to shed any light on its name, but when we asked the man at the stand whether or not it belonged to the Spyker portfolio, he responded with a straightforward 'yes'.

We couldn't get our hands on it because it was locked behind a glass case but nevertheless we thought you'd want to have a good look at it. It raises the philiosphical question: what would the iPhone be like if it had a standard keypad squashed at the bottom?

Whatever you think, this is the closest thing to Steve's little darling we've seen anyone produce yet, and for that alone we think Spyker deserve the award for best iPhone + keyboard wannabe of the year.

one.jpgtwo.jpg

three.jpgfour.jpg

I'm confused, it's a phone with a big screen so that immediately makes it an iPhone clone?

When will people stop giving Apple credit for constantly reinventing the blood wheel?

I'm confused, it's a phone with a big screen so that immediately makes it an iPhone clone?

When will people stop giving Apple credit for constantly reinventing the blood wheel?

Errm? Can you not see it is purposely designed to be like the iPhone to fool people. Yeah its got a hardware keyboard but you can't deny the fact it looks like the iPhone.

Errm? Can you not see it is purposely designed to be like the iPhone to fool people. Yeah its got a hardware keyboard but you can't deny the fact it looks like the iPhone.

I work with phones on a daily basis, I see lots of phones that look similar to each other all the time, including some that look a bit like the iphone as well (as much as this one does).

It looks nothing like an iPhone except for it's size and shape, which the Nokia N95 actually had before the iPhone. Are you saying that the iPhone is a N95 clone?

Are you saying that the iPhone is a N95 clone?

No because they look nothing alike. The Spyker and the HiPhone do look like the iPhone however. The chrome bezel, the Home button, the black section on the back, the general styling (brushed metal), all done to mimic the design of the iPhone.

No because they look nothing alike. The Spyker and the HiPhone do look like the iPhone however. The chrome bezel, the Home button, the black section on the back, the general styling (brushed metal), all done to mimic the design of the iPhone.

It's uncanny, it amazes me how some people fail to see it. Perhaps they're in denial.

No because they look nothing alike.

Really?

nokia-n95-8gb.jpg

flash-on-iphone.png

Hmmm....ok so the N95 has a few controls on the bottom, but it looks pretty damn similar to me there. Of course, this is all just coincidence and the vast majority of phones will look somewhat like each other (it's inherent with their design), but it seems to be lately everyone is just comparing them all to the iPhone as if the iPhone did it first, when it didn't.

The Spyker one is not designed to fool people. Spyker has been on the cellphone market for a while now and they designed phones with a wink to another model before. This one is smart release though it looks like the iPhone. A touch phone like the iPhone with a hardware keyboard. Great!

if that is supposed to fool someone, then they are not paying attention in the first place

It isn't.

i got it...its alright

the only thing im really disappointed about is that the web browser says it allows gprs, but only runs in WAP

the browser is alright though, it has the same drop down box idea as safari, and wouldnt be terrible with GPRS

iunno i might sell it and get a iphone, cuz basically i like aim on my phone

ive seen some reviews on the net after spotting one on ebay and actually these things are said to be not that bad.

theres a german webboard thats specialized on china-ware like the HiPhone or the popstation and they all love their hiphone. ;)

its supposed to be of pretty well builtquality and has some nice features.

;)

Another iPhone-lookalikey here.

Finally, Meizu has revealed an actual semi-working prototype of the M8 Mini One, and Thomas Ricker gives us a hands-on look at how it stacks up against the iPhone. Click here for first picture in gallery.
Gotta say, for all our justifiable M8 bashing, the mini One felt good in the hand and the additional hard buttons, 720 x 480 pixel display, 3 megapixel camera and likely el cheapo price tag have once again perked our interests.

10150-450x-comparisonphone_2.jpg10151-450x-comparisonphone.jpg

10152-450x-comparisonphone_3.jpg10153-450x-comparisonphone_4.jpg

10154-450x-comparisonphone_5.jpg10155-450x-comparisonphone_6.jpg

one should not forget that just because they look like the iphone and come from china, they are not necessarily bad phones.

candybar phones also all look the same and LG and samsung got some cells out that look a little bit like the iphone. ;)

but then again they are cheaper and you would come in the strange situation to tell everyone who yells "MAN great! you got an iphone!!" that its not an iphone and that it just looks like one. ;)

The iphone is bad as it is, why would anyone want to make it worse by copying it?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The iphone is bad as it is, why would anyone want to make it worse by copying it?

:rolleyes: