Streaming DVD rips with TVersity?

I have 5 DVD rips in .iso format, and I want to be able to start a library of them so I can stream them from my PC without having to get the discs out every time I wanna watch em. These are like, exact clones that I did with DVD Decrypter, and it's just the last part I am confused with? I had a look at the HD by AudioBoxer thread but that seems to deal with Blu-Ray stuff only. Could anyone gimme a little assistance? I've even tried Google, and that has failed me *gasp*.

I have 5 DVD rips in .iso format, and I want to be able to start a library of them so I can stream them from my PC without having to get the discs out every time I wanna watch em. These are like, exact clones that I did with DVD Decrypter, and it's just the last part I am confused with? I had a look at the HD by AudioBoxer thread but that seems to deal with Blu-Ray stuff only. Could anyone gimme a little assistance? I've even tried Google, and that has failed me *gasp*.

what DVD ripper did you use? I am looking for a good one.

I think you'll need to rip to AVI/Other format compressed format?

I'm not sure on how to stream DVDs in their normal structure (eg extras/subtitles/ect intact).

I'll have a look around the web to see if it can be done - The PS3 does support VOB which is the format a fully structured DVD is ripped into (ISO is really just a format for burning) - Although on face value I think you might just need to rip your movie only and stream it, and if you want all the extras play the DVD in the PS3 :/

You CAN do very high quality AC3 5.1 DVD rips by the way, so quality is NOT an issue. Don't think the low resolution 700mb DVD rips that go around the web would be your only choice - The reason they are the "standard" is due to the 700mb size meaning they can fit on a CD.

I'll have a look and get back to you with your options.

Depends on what you're streaming to.

You could do an XviD rip, using DVD Decrypter to VOB and AutoGK or something (that's what I use, anyway).

You could rip to x264, which would probably be a little harder to stream with.

I dunno what else.

Ripping to iso defeats what you are trying to do, and you would still need to mount the iso anyway thus you would still need "the disc out" as such. As audioboxer mentioned just re-rip to avi or similar. I have never used DVD Decrypter personally, but I assume that it would also be able to rip as VOBs, if not use Gordian Knot (google it) and that will convert them to divx.

@American Ninja - I use DVD Decrypter

@AudioBoxer - Ugh, I was afraid that was the reality of it. I don't mind having an .avi or whatever, I just don't want to lose ANY quality or any audio quality. I will have a look around too and see what is possible.