I installed Red Hat 8.0

I think this thread can be summed up in one simple sentence: "Stupid people shouldn't use (let alone review) linux."

IMHO,

Vlad

You know Vlad.. You may not be anywhere near as smart as you think.

Some of us want to be productive and not worry about re-learning something that is macabre to learn / understand.

There's a lot of people out there that don't like MS. Well tough!

I think that the desktop is in absulutely no danger from Linux.

... I wonder ... Why is it that people assume Windows Users to be stupid?

We're not stupid, we just don't feel comfortable using a cobbled together non standardised, desktop operating system.

I also enjoy playing the newest games for PC, PC = Windows. How many new releases are there for Linux? Diddly squat!

Does Adobe / Symantec / you name it release anything for Linux? No.. Why? Good question... Why Indeed!

:whistle:

Sure you can create flash and use photosop. Just install VMware. Then you can use the micrsoft propriatary stuff.

Oh I see... So you have to run a Windows Emulator to Ugrade the Linux platform so it actually runs something useful... Nice!

How about just running Windows and not having to worry about hacking around to run what you really want to run! Huh? :wacko:

:whistle:

I tried Linux several times. Once, almost a week but I went back to Windows. Why? the interface is superior and this is just me but Microsoft's programs are awesome. IE runs fine for me and so does every other app. So you may flame me or mock me but frankly I don't give a damn about Linux.

Cleanup on aisle 7, I repeat, mods report to aisle 7.....

This has turned into a linux and windows bashing thread....if you don't like Linux, don't use it....but don't bash it either.

Cleanup on isle 7, I repeat, mods report to isle 7.....

This has turned into a linux and windows bashing thread....if you don't like Linux, don't use it....but don't bash it either.

Yep... no kidding it's sad to see. :no:

You can play 95% of all PlayStation games on linux, and within the next couple of years (or much sooner) PlayStation 2 games too. All the Doom games, and a lot of games that were made for Windows run through Wine or WineX. There are some linux-specific versions of games developers have ported like Unreal.

The reason you don't see as many Linux-only games is because the marketshare isn't enough to bring in the glut of profits the corporations like to see from selling games...yet.

I felt that I was being bashed by a Linux user just because I posted what I encountered when I isntalled Linux.

It wasn't meant to be a flame war or anything of the such, I just dislike people attacking me personally if I have a different point of view.

I felt that I was being bashed by a Linux user just because I posted what I encountered when I isntalled Linux.

It wasn't meant to be a flame war or anything of the such, I just dislike people attacking me personally if I have a different point of view.

I believe you were bashing linux before anyone bashed you :no: