Linux / Unix Cheat Sheets

• 1 month later...
Windam

useful indeed. A good learning curve for any noob

• 3 months later...
dmd3x

This is good stuff, I'm going to print them and frame them... or maybe have them as a rotating screensaver :laugh: except I hate screensavers haha.

roadgeek9

If my grandparents had a faster internet connection (even though it is supposedly "high speed") - I would like to read these "cheat sheets" - but, it would take too long to look at all of these.

• 1 month later...
xcession

Looks good... Thanks for this ... it might come in handy someday... ;)

• 1 month later...
White Cuban

ffs, my black cartridge in printer is out, and i can't make the PDF reader change the text color, anyone know how to in foxmarks?

Ricardo Gil
ffs, my black cartridge in printer is out, and i can't make the PDF reader change the text color, anyone know how to in foxmarks?

Copy/Paste to wordpad or something. Or switch the black cartridge for a blue one :shiftyninja:

capr

now someone needs to compile it all into one linux for dummies pdf....

chicken-royal

heh, just learning Linux at uni as part of a module (really tempted to install Ubuntu...) - these will be really helpful. Thanks! :D

markjensen

Linux (and Ubuntu, as a specific example) are very easy to install and set themselves up as dual-boot with whatever OS you currently have installed.

You can also use it as a LiveCD and run Linux only in memory to do some quick things, but if you are learning it as part of your classes, I would guess that a real install that you can modify and such would be a better option.

chicken-royal
Linux (and Ubuntu, as a specific example) are very easy to install and set themselves up as dual-boot with whatever OS you currently have installed.

You can also use it as a LiveCD and run Linux only in memory to do some quick things, but if you are learning it as part of your classes, I would guess that a real install that you can modify and such would be a better option.

Yeah, one of the tutors said we don't need to install Linux at home, but I'm really interested in trying it. Think I'm going to install Ubuntu when 8.10 is released next week. Going to try installing Conky with it, that looks like a cool program. Thanks for the reply :) I'm sure you'll see me posting help topics when I've installed it. ;)

(Sorry to go slightly off topic)

White Cuban
Bokmarked. (Y)

+1, also bookmarked conky, looks really nice.

xp1ode
+1, also bookmarked conky, looks really nice.

+2, thanks for the great link.

Sophism

Great Link, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Behemoth

Anyone combine them into a .pdf yet? Printer ink is too expensive!

• 4 weeks later...
Alex Shenoy

I learned the how to use vi using the Cheat Sheet method posted on the Gentoo forums when I used Gentoo. I found it to be a great resource. I'll share it here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vi-guide.xml

• 2 years later...