[FA Premier League] Say NO to game #39

The Premier League have gone too far with their proposals to invent an extra fixture to be played abroad ? and the time for football fans to stand up and be counted has arrived.

If you oppose this outrageous desecration of the national game, we strongly urge you to read the text in the window on the right hand side of this page, fill in the form beneath it, read the instructions underneath and click the "Add my name button". Please pay particular attention to the e-mail verification process ? it is important that the people responsible for making this decision know the real level of anger and opposition it has caused.

Please sign the petition! http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/no-to-game-39/index.php

Totally agree neobond, every single premier league fan is disturbed by these money hungry suits we know as the Premier League's governors. English football has already suffered a couple of huge blows (eg Euro '08) this is not our savior.

I think an exclusive league must be set up instead.

We have the Ufea and champs leagues. Why not make another one which tours the world instead. Each country will be represented with 2 teams. They must fit within certain criteria, such as they will be excluded from FA cup or other european cups.

The current 39th game will also make the english people look even bigger bastards. You'd have france, germany, spain and italy complaining about us playing in other countries. It's unfair on everybody, at least with my idea teams can become bigger and compete with other leagues for quality. The only problem it would cause is a bigger gap between the lower leagues and lower side teams like Brum and Derby.

As an Irishman living in Singapore (one of the proposed cities to host a game or two), I am definitely against the idea of the 39th game. The league is based on 20 teams playing each other home and away to determine the league position. While one can moan over individual games, the ref robbed us etc, it does balance out over the season and where you finish is representative of your performance. Adding a 39th game totally unbalances this. With the top 5 seeded so as to avoid each other ... imagine your team had escaped relegation by a single point after 38 games, but then you are drawn to play the likes of Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea or Pool. And the team below you, through the luck of the draw, plays their extra game against the team bottom of the table? Not exactly fair is it?

The whole idea is crazy, and Metallithrax, i agree with you too, this is the first time I'm ever agreeing with Blatter on anything!

The league is based on 20 teams playing each other home and away to determine the league position.

Thats exactly the point. 20 teams, home and away. That's how it's always been and how it should stay.

The premier league is BRITISH, and it should stay on BRITISH soil. You dont see Serie A playing games over here after all.