Ways to play Blu-ray on OS-X?

I believe so. Blu-ray video is h.264 (created by apple) so I think blu-ray encryption is the only reason you can't play blu-ray movies on a mac yet.

h.264 was not created by apple, blu-ray also uses VC-1 and mpeg-2, and it's the encryption of the signal to the display that they have to guarantee (using HDCP), not the encryption of the movies themselves, I think. I guess the whole ICT flag was a myth, since no player allows playback of HD signals without hdcp... unless it's illegal!

There is a way but its a bit long winded, youd have to install Windows XP in Bootcamp then use XP to rip the disc then demux the video and audio using TSMuxer, extract AC3 stream using EAC3TO then remux the video and audio in a .TS container using TSMuxer, the resulting file should play fine in VLC.

There is a way but its a bit long winded, youd have to install Windows XP in Bootcamp then use XP to rip the disc then demux the video and audio using TSMuxer, extract AC3 stream using EAC3TO then remux the video and audio in a .TS container using TSMuxer, the resulting file should play fine in VLC.

he's better off installing Vista and using it to playback those blu-ray movies, until the day OS X will support blu-ray. much simpler.