Mayweather to Wrestle at Wrestlemania

No rematch with Hatton then?

We can confirm that boxing champion Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. is scheduled to be wrestling at WrestleMania 24, instead of standing at ringside or being a special guest referee. Reports are suggesting that he will most likely be involved in a tag-team match. Assuming Rey Mysterio will be healthy enough to wrestle at WrestleMania 24, he will be Mayweather?s tag-team partner and will go against The Big Show and a tag-team partner of his.

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net is reporting Vince McMahon and the creative team are considering a number of different possibilities for a match involving Floyd Mayweather, Jr. A source said that plans are ?constantly changing.? MVP?s name has been mentioned to tag-team with The Big Show, however nothing has been confirmed.

With Shane McMahon taking part in the angle at No Way Out with The Big Show it could be assumed that he is the strongest candidate to tag-team with The Big Show. Rey Mysterio?s recent injury forced WWE to change their plans for No Way Out, and could lead to more changes in the match structure if he is unable to wrestle at WrestleMania 24.

There really doesn't need to be a rematch between Hatton and Mayweather. The outcome would be the same. We need to give Cotto a shot though he won't win either. No one can beat Mayweather at the moment. From 140 - 154, I don't see who can do it.

For the wrestling, that fine. Just hope he has a strong back.

I've just finished watching No Way Out and I can't wait to see what Mayweather's involvement will be and what kind of reaction he will get from the Big Show. The punches he landed on the Big Show were impressive.

why has mayweather gone from a sport where your physique counts for whether you might win or not to a completely staged and scripted 'sport' where your physique counts for nothing other than showing off on tv?

why has mayweather gone from a sport where your physique counts for whether you might win or not to a completely staged and scripted 'sport' where your physique counts for nothing other than showing off on tv?

For the $ he is called Floyd "money" Mayweather after all!

LOS ANGELES -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a champion boxer and has tested his moves on "Dancing With the Stars." Now the man many consider the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is preparing to drop the gloves and do some wrasslin.'

A $20 million payday awaits the undefeated WBC welterweight champion when he takes on Big Show as part of WWE's "WrestleMania XXIV" at Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., on March 30.

"It's entertainment. You have a chance to just be you and do what you want to do," Mayweather said Monday after a chaotic Staples Center event that masqueraded as a news conference.

The boxer nicknamed "Money" clearly likes the way WWE does business.

"Wrestling takes care of business right on the spot," Mayweather said. "Whatever they say they're going to do, they do it right on the spot. There's no waiting three, four, five months. Quick results, quick money. Quick big money, too."

His manager Leonard Ellerbee and WWE executive Shane McMahon confirmed Mayweather's eight-figure payday for the outdoor match to be shown on live on pay-per-view.

Holy Smokes :|

This just shows why everyone hates him :laugh:

well that's basically running as far away from the ufc as you can get, isn't it.

He knows he would get pwned if he steps in the cage at least in Wrestling its scripted and he won't get hurt...badly.

exactly.

just shows that as much as he likes to talk about being "the best in the world", he's really more interested in making a quick buck than backing up his words.

Yeah but I just want to see Mayweather vs Cotto if he wins that fight then I will say he is the best in the world.

Yeah but I just want to see Mayweather vs Cotto if he wins that fight then I will say he is the best in the world.

Cotto is fighting a tomato can in his next fight. Its quite frustrating for the boxing fan.