Google Thinks I am a spybot

Rebooted router, rebooted machine, rebooted modem, full spyware, virus scan, all clean. Still thinks I am a spybot for some reason.

Any ideas?

gerroraj7.th.jpg

Yeah, I did. Both IE and Firefox yield the same results.

Searching through the internet right now is yielding some interesting results. I am not alone in this, apparently from what I am gathering, people who have complained to Google about this are getting a canned response saying that someone on the ISP (in my case Charter), is abusing the network doing automated searches, so they turned the page on for those who are in the same ISP or in my figuring, since Charter is so large, maybe just my geographical area.

My search query was 7.1 surround speaker testing. But it is anything on my end. I have tried several different things from that to looking for support on my laser printer.

Rebooted router, rebooted machine, rebooted modem, full spyware, virus scan, all clean. Still thinks I am a spybot for some reason.

Any ideas?

gerroraj7.th.jpg

I used to get this crap all the time, but I've not seen it for a while. I think it's purely done on your IP...

Use a proxy when viewing google.com in the meantime if it's annoying you.

Here's a quick list for you;

69.217.73.52: 8080 anonymous proxy server Feb-20, 17:44 United States

75.82.204.246: 3128 anonymous server Feb-20, 16:38 United States

68.167.209.90: 8000 anonymous Feb-20, 15:31 United States

8.12.40.183: 80 anonymous proxy Feb-20, 15:32 United States

194.0.163.148: 80 anonymous proxy Feb-20, 16:33 Germany

213.157.69.92: 80 anonymous proxy Feb-20, 16:38 Finland

70.86.151.66: 80 anonymous proxy server Feb-20, 17:42 United States

220.178.98.59: 80 anonymous server Feb-20, 17:30 China

155.136.224.10: 80 anonymous Feb-20, 17:07 United Kingdom

Somewhat annoying, but not too bad. I just am surprised by this.

I guess I am annoyed that they would assume that I was one, but on the same token, I am glad that they are taking preventative measures.

Not contacted no, because they do canned responses.

HMPF!

Just saw that it only does this with my personalized home page.

Basic gadgets there....

My gmail, movie listings, weather, google calendar and my bookmarks. Nothing more than that. I like to keep the page uncluttered. It has been that way for a long time.

Tried several different themes as well.

We were getting this at work the other day. It has been around for a few years. Basicly it is they are seeing an unusal number of search requests from your IP or public subnet. Remember Google bombing?

This happens occasionally with different ISP's, first off reboot your Router to try and get another WAN IP asssigned to your connection. (Hopefully your not on a static WAN. :))

Someone posted a while back about this and Google's servers just do it occassionally when it get's a larger amount of traffic from a range of ISP IP Addresses, if it happens again after around 2 day's and a couple router reboots I would give either Google an e-mail, or maybe if your really that bad call your ISP.

Its caused when a large amount of quieries come from one ip address, but it usally fixes it self within a day or two, this might be caused if your isp sends your data though an invisable proxy server they run.