The Big Wrestling Thread!

3 hours ago, LOC said:

Did they just do a Cena thing? Also, did I hear people laughing when um Broken Matt went nuts over his poor drone? I mean, sure ok lol

Cena + Jeff Hardy when he was a heel and in Immortal, which includes the Victory Road 2011 incident.

And I think that was the cameraman cracking up; I think he did that during the reincarnation, too. :p

13 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Cena + Jeff Hardy when he was a heel and in Immortal, which includes the Victory Road 2011 incident.

And I think that was the cameraman cracking up; I think he did that during the reincarnation, too. :p

Right, that's the outfit he was wearing when he came up from the water. Totally forgot about Hardy when he was a heel back then. I just don't like him as a heel, kinda like Cena I guess...

So uh, apparently WWE (and Sinclair who own Ring of Honor) have made bids to buy TNA....I'm not going to post anything from the article, because it seems the bids were a bit ago and nothing has come of it I guess? Also, TNA is worth around $40 million according to this story. Ouchies.

NY Post Article

10 hours ago, LOC said:

So uh, apparently WWE (and Sinclair who own Ring of Honor) have made bids to buy TNA....I'm not going to post anything from the article, because it seems the bids were a bit ago and nothing has come of it I guess? Also, TNA is worth around $40 million according to this story. Ouchies.

NY Post Article

I think ROH will have more chance, Vince doesn't want it to actually be a company he will just shut it down and use the content for the Network at the price of 9.99

12 hours ago, Damo R. said:

I think ROH will have more chance, Vince doesn't want it to actually be a company he will just shut it down and use the content for the Network at the price of 9.99

Vince won't buy it until its a legit threat to WWE....and it's quite a ways from being that so i wouldn't see Vince doing that unless he wants to be a total dick and just be the only company in wrestling..which would be bad for him.

4 minutes ago, BlueScreenOfDeath said:

Vince won't buy it until its a legit threat to WWE....and it's quite a ways from being that so i wouldn't see Vince doing that unless he wants to be a total dick and just be the only company in wrestling..which would be bad for him.

Except he has already (supposedly) been in talks to buy their video library

I did see the NY Post article on Saturday, but I refrained from posting it, as it only says it was rumours, and seeing as it's a Murdoch tabloid, they probably made up those rumours.

WWE and Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner of the Ring of Honor wrestling organization, are rumored to have made recent bids.

The only bit that's definitely true there is Billy Corgan trying to buy TNA; he's pretty much the only reason they're still going, at the moment.

In other TNA news, though...

...which probably means Cody Rhodes will inevitably end up in TNA soon.

12 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

I did see the NY Post article on Saturday, but I refrained from posting it, as it only says it was rumours, and seeing as it's a Murdoch tabloid, they probably made up those rumours.

Looks like they did make them up...

Dave Meltzer reported on a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that people very close to the situation have heard nothing on the rumors of the WWE and/or ROH bids to purchase TNA. Sinclair was involved in TNA talks months ago and it’s possible they have returned to negotiations but they essentially just wanted TNA’s TV times for ROH.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/755957-update-on-the-wweroh-tna-purchase-rumors-the-outsiders-on-legends-with-jbl-tonight-preview-clip-how-old-is-eva-marie#xOcglPwHGvB2zm04.99

^^^ What did I just see? Was it, real? Because I think I might have had some drugs or something...

Also, did anyone notice we hit 1000 pages on this sucker? Celebration time! Botchamania! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damo R. said:

Was great to see Cedric Alexander on Raw, the Cruiserweights were fun best part of Raw (Y)

Damn right.

With The List of Jericho a close 2nd...

my wallet hates me.

I just got a ticket to NXT Takeover: Toronto (use code WWENXT on Ticketmaster if you want tickets). I already have tickets to Survivor Series and Monday Night Raw. I also went to Roadblock back in March.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, timster said:

my wallet hates me.

I just got a ticket to NXT Takeover: Toronto (use code WWENXT on Ticketmaster if you want tickets). I already have tickets to Survivor Series and Monday Night Raw. I also went to Roadblock back in March.

My wallet hated me, too, when I shelled out £55 for NXT when they came here a few months ago. It admitted it was wrong after the show; yours will, too. ;)

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Triple H has expressed interested in signing Matt Hardy through intermediaries. Hardy's TNAcontract expires in the spring.

Meltzer noted that Hardy has creative control of his character in TNA, and makes his own schedule and does well on the independent scene.

"With WWE there's the killer schedule which probably isn't the best thing for him physically right now," Meltzer wrote. "Granted, if something happens to TNA, that equation changes because he's loaded with ideas for his character and he would need television to get them over."

glvndg.png 

• Like 1