The Big Wrestling Thread!

I like how the dude was in crutches after lol

But uh, dear god I can't see Rhyno in a suit. It looks SO weird. Plus, he still wrestles doesn't he? I imagine if he wins the election he'll retire for now, but still. Wouldn't his opponent (his political one lol) use this againt him as have many in the past against other wrestlers turned politicians etc?

12 minutes ago, LOC said:

But uh, dear god I can't see Rhyno in a suit. It looks SO weird. Plus, he still wrestles doesn't he? I imagine if he wins the election he'll retire for now, but still. Wouldn't his opponent (his political one lol) use this againt him as have many in the past against other wrestlers turned politicians etc?

Almost certainly, but I imagine he's already got a good rebuttal prepared. He isn't distancing himself from wrestling, like Linda McMahon did, and he doesn't really have any controversies that can be used against him (at worst, they'll probably use ECW to attack him). Jesse Ventura won an election during the Attitude Era, so I reckon Rhyno's got a good chance (even with him running as a Republican). :p

14 hours ago, LOC said:

Yes, he 'wrestles still'. He's teaming with Slater tonight against the Usos/Hype Bros winner for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles.

1 hour ago, cmcgregor said:

Saw a 3 minute video for cm punks match last night. Thought it was a recap, nope whole thing.

16 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Kevin Owens plays a "great heel" (my opinion).  The "word play" between KO and Cole is funny.  In a way, KO kinda reminds me of the heel work of Jessie Ventura.

So, Mark Andrews (from Progress and known as Mandrews in TNA) is in a band, they've put out a wrestling-themed music video, and it features a cameo from a certain broken individual...

Song's not bad, too.

18 hours ago, timster said:

that looks much better than the Universal and World titles

Yeah, it's a nice title.

Well, that was a shocker. I - along with probably almost everyone else - thought Kota Ibushi was gonna win the Cruiserweight Classic, but nope, out in the semis! Even more surprised that they let another TNA guy win the big one in quick succession; first AJ Styles, now Suicide / Manik TJ Perkins. Guess Triple H doesn't hold a grudge like Vince does. :p