Holyfield vs Tyson III?

Boxing fans may have to take a step back to the future with the news Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson may do battle again despite both former undisputed world heavyweight champions being in their 40?s.

The ?Real Deal? defeated ?Iron Mike? on two occasions in 1996 and 1997. The second fight will live long in the memory of all fight fans, for all the wrong reasons, thanks to Tyson?s moment of madness when he bit a chunk out of the ear of Holyfield.

However, 45-year-old Holyfield revealed that he is considering an offer from Tyson?s camp to step back into the ring with him for a third time.

"There has been some talk between us," Holyfield told The Guardian.

"Mike had Jeff Fenech, who's been training him, call me a few months ago. Jeff says Mike wants to fight me again - but he needs to know if I would agree to it.

"I said, 'It all depends on what they are going to give us - because I'm gonna catch a lot of flak if I say I'm fighting Mike Tyson again. I've already said I don't want to fight Mike no more'.

"Jeff says, 'What if Mike gets in proper shape?' I told him that's OK but I can't be part of it if Mike's going to pull out. Jeff said, 'The main thing Mike wants to know is if you would be willing to fight him again?' I said, 'Yeah, if the price is right, I probably would'."

Please we don't need this!

i would like to see it personally ;)

cause boxing aint the same without those two (i always like Tyson (sure he has issues) but he was GREAT back in the day (late 1980's) as he could punch FAST AND HARD! (watch reruns on espn classic channel) which is rare with someone of that size ... but nowadays, UFC is pretty much taking over anyways as far as fighting type sports are concerned cause it's the closest to REAL fighting as you can get thats why i like it. so i guess it dont matter to much if they do end up fighting.

Edited by ThaCrip

Who knows? Maybe it'll be better than the current boredom we have to endure in the HW division! :p

Danny Williams comes to mind there :laugh:

Danny Williams comes to mind there :laugh:

Who actually beat Tyson :laugh:

So why would you want a loser to Williams back?

Who actually beat Tyson :laugh:

So why would you want a loser to Williams back?

I am just pointing out a boxer who is boring but yeah he did beat Tyson lets face Tyson is broke and needs the dosh and one last pay day in Vegas would be perfect for him, maybe he could go for the other ear.

I am just pointing out a boxer who is boring but yeah he did beat Tyson lets face Tyson is broke and needs the dosh and one last pay day in Vegas would be perfect for him, maybe he could go for the other ear.

So let him go after Mayweather in WWE. Heavyweight boxing is in the **** heap as it is without Tyson coming back and making it worse.

Please we don't need this!

Actually, boxing DOES need this. No one gives a crap about the current top heavyweights, but Tyson is still a huge name and draw, and Holyfield is an all time great.

Yeah, they are old and the fight probably wouldn't do that great, but it would do huge pay per view buys.

Actually, boxing DOES need this. No one gives a crap about the current top heavyweights, but Tyson is still a huge name and draw, and Holyfield is an all time great.

Yeah, they are old and the fight probably wouldn't do that great, but it would do huge pay per view buys.

So it's good for HBO and not for boxing.

I vote for less PPV circus acts. If the fight happens, I'll still watch it, but on YouTube. Its funny how popular the name still is though.

IMO boxing is dying. UFC style fighting involves a lot more skill. Also stuides have shown they are less typical to brain damage.

Glad its just your opinion, nothing else.

The HW division is terrible these days i couldn't tell you the last time i seen a good fight, i think if these guys got it on again it would be a hell of a fight, what have the got to lose i think they would just go toe to toe and the who hype would make it a fight to remember !

bring it on pensioners slugfest :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IMO boxing is dying. UFC style fighting involves a lot more skill. Also stuides have shown they are less typical to brain damage.

That's like saying getting hit by a car at 50mph is less likely to kill you than 55mph.

That's like saying getting hit by a car at 50mph is less likely to kill you than 55mph.

That part of Pixel's statement is actually the most unbiased part of it. The deal is with the gloves. The commissions out there decided to add more padding to the them to allow matches to go longer. This constant banging at the head causes the most damage. Its why you get quicker knockouts and less long term damage in MMA, because of the size of the gloves.

That part of Pixel's statement is actually the most unbiased part of it. The deal is with the gloves. The commissions out there decided to add more padding to the them to allow matches to go longer. This constant banging at the head causes the most damage. Its why you get quicker knockouts and less long term damage in MMA, because of the size of the gloves.

You also forgot to mention in MMA if your getting hit in the head you can also go for a takedown and change the game, in boxing you have no option other than to stand and trade shot for shot, you can't turn it into a wrestling match or a jit-jitsu match which you can do in MMA.

Back on Topic:

I would watch ... sadly enough this would probably be the best selling boxing ppv in a long time and probably by a wide margin.

I agree with the MMA comments. I'm not sure how anyone can get excitment out of boxing when something like MMA exists. Boxing is just not fun anymore, and after watching MMA for several years now IMO boxing seems talentless in comparison.