Comp reboot itself

hi!

recently this happened alot. My computer reboot itself and when it started to reboot again, my MB MHZ changed from 133 to 100 and my CPU speed down from 1.2GB to 900MB and I had to resetting again.

Does anyone know why it does that? maybe it is because my CPU is too hot (60-62 celsius) or...?

thx

oh and i assume u mean mhz not mb and 60+ is way too hot it should be no higher than 36 28-34 is ideal. get a fan and stop overclocking before ur processor burns

60 is a little hott but you don't need to be running at 38, AMD's always run a little high. Try getting a better heatsink for it and see what happens.

Is the chip 1200+ or just 1200????

One thing to say: That is possible a Virus or Trogan.

Take some safety precations to protect your computer.

1. Get a Firewall (I have ZoneAlarm)

2. Scan your Entire System using a Virus Scanner. (I use Norton)

3. Get a Trogan Cleaner. I highly suggest The Cleaner.

This has happened to me also. So just be careful.

mediaplaya :angry: :whistle:

I've seen this problem a few times... 9 times out of 10,,something in one of your PCI slots isn't seated well, or you have a bad memory stick, or memory just needs to be changed around..... Try taking everything out, and replacing it in diff slots....... Even pull your graph card, and reseat it as well...................... Also make sure ALL your plug's / cables are in tight...... Unplug and replug them as well....................... Turning off the reboot item isn't going to solve your problem,,you'll just get blue screens then......

But with an AMD, it is a good idea to get a nice fan to cool with.... a 3200 RPM at least...A bit load, but well worth the 20 bux you'll spend.. And make sure you use putty !!!!!!