Remove webcam from My Computer

Does anyone know how I can remove this webcam from My Computer? It's pretty pointless, and it just looks ugly.

I tried uninstalling the webcam software, so all that's left is the driver, but it didn't work

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, it doesn't appear on TweakUI for some reason, so I can't remove it. I'm looking through Tuneup Utilities, but I can't find any option. I know this is very trivial, but it just bugs me :p

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, it doesn't appear on TweakUI for some reason, so I can't remove it. I'm looking through Tuneup Utilities, but I can't find any option. I know this is very trivial, but it just bugs me :p

x2

Webcam Removal from My Computer

Under XP go to Control Panel

Then ?go to Administrative Tools/Services

Scroll down for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Stop and disable then problem solved.

As for Tweakui and Tuneup options as mentioned in previous posts, simply if you do not have any clue AT ALL how to fix a problem(as per second poster in thread), DONT POST.

Go to Start menu, run

Copy and paste the below

regsvr32 -u -s "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\fsshext.dll"

Click Start, Run, and type:

regsvr32 /u "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

To undo (put it back) :

regsvr32 "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

And ya wont find that in Tweakui:pp

Edited by Jasur

As for Tweakui and Tuneup options as mentioned in previous posts, simply if you do not have any clue AT ALL how to fix a problem(as per second poster in thread), DONT POST.

I was just offering suggestions for things he could try... it says nowhere in the original post that the OP has tried tweakui or not :crazy:

Don't the Nero Scout or My Sharing Folders icons wind you up too?

Yeah, they do - I Just hadn't got around to removing them, as I only installed Windows the other day.

Jasur, thanks for the help (Y) I've got rid of all of them. And yeah, you're right, TweakUI can only hide the Nero Scout and My Sharing Folders icons, rather than fully removing them. ralph_tran, thanks for the suggestion though... Seeing as you can hide most My Computer icons using TweakUI, it did seem likely that you could at least hide it with TweakUI. It was first thing that I tried, but yeah, I forgot to post that I had tried it :p

Don't you think it was kinda lame to say that? When I read the first post I thought about TweakUI as well. I hope you know what TweakUI can do right? Because if you did, you would find it logical that people would advice him to use TweakUI instead of going right into the register and changing it them selfs. It's a lot safer with TweakUI.

So yeah, it's kinda lame of you that you said it.