Stage6 Replacement

Question

Ya I am aware it needs a lot more work but I just wanted to see what people thought of the site so far and the idea itself.

really good idea as long as you have the resources to support it.

I preferred the video quality of Stage6, if you can change the video code to be just exactly like how Stage6 played their videos, this would be more in line of success, IMHO.

Ya once I am able to afford a better hosting company I will increase the upload limit to around 900mb and the quality should be the same as stage6.

Other sites claim they are hosting DivX and when I view the video, it's crap Flash. They use Flash to host the video. That sucks. I know that HostMedia.us also uses Flash and that already suck. :p I prefer true DivX Active X control over Flash.

Now that's what I call a real promise there. True Stage6 clone. I did a search and I see many people are trying to host a bid for Stage6 clone site contents. I just hope someone get it up soon. I would love to donate too but not now cos don't know which one will come out at the end.

It's going to cost you a whole lot of money to run this if it gets popular.

How many of your visitors actually have the divx player installed (not counting people who come to your site without it, then install it and come back), I'm guessing the new Flash player would probably have better support in that regard (Which is good, because it has a better quality codec than what DivX uses)

Meh Stage 6 looked professional and kinda it gave the whole high end TV feel about it (go in to a TV store you know the ones that sell 40" for nearly 3 grand and have staff that look like CEOs) this just looks like one of those sites that you end up on when a domain has expired.

I say if you can pull it off do it dude, forget everyone else in here who thinks that is not possible. Obviously Stage6 had plenty of resources, and you don't at the moment, but i'm sure that if you keep up the great work you will get there. You will definitely get my vote and donations if you can pull this off. Good luck and keep at it...

Meh Stage 6 looked professional and kinda it gave the whole high end TV feel about it (go in to a TV store you know the ones that sell 40" for nearly 3 grand and have staff that look like CEOs) this just looks like one of those sites that you end up on when a domain has expired.

+1

Your site is pretty drab and boring, whatever CMS you're using. Good luck to you tho, you're going to need a huge server for this kind of webiste, and tons of hard drive space if you want it to be a stage6 replacement.

this just looks like one of those sites that you end up on when a domain has expired.

Even if he wouldn't use the default skins and pick the other one instead, that wouldn't help much. The guy still has no proper hosting and money to support the site growth. And not much can be done of donation support, until enaugh ad revenue will come.

Without money it cannot succeed - even Stage6 had a decent amount of money behind it. It also doesn't help that it doesn't look very professional. I wish you all the best but I honestly can't see this going anywhere.

Also, Stage6 allowed a lot of content that was "questionable" and that was a major reason why some people used it. Most hosts won't tolerate that, even if you are paying them $200 a month for a dedi server, so you might want to take that into consideration when choosing a host :p

Media Temple hosts many corporate sites like adobe, sony etc. I'm sure there are others out there, but that one came up in my mind when you asked.

Good luck getting this site off the ground, I miss stage6 :(

You said you were in need of a good hosting company, I used AIT.com they are on a high speed backbone and have everything you need including dedicated server at a reasonable price. I would host it on my server but I'm afraid I don't have enough bandwidth and it would be horribly slow. But AIT is a good company. I'm looking forward to seeing a Stage 6 replacement especially for Star Trek New Voyages. And please don't do Bittorrent. I hate it.

I absolutely love the idea of a stage 6 clone, though stopping illegal uploads and law suits because of them could be a hard task. I'll donate if this starts to get somewhere, veoh sucks :p

We now have new servers and it seems to load a lot faster, what do you guys think?

We are working on a new template as well, what new features should we add?

They don't have anything yet, besides our beta is really professional as well. The whole back end has been re coded and we are working on a really nice front end. We can also scale to as many servers as we can afford (and lots of people have been donating).

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but I don't want to start a new thread. jus1haz2, have you check this out? http://www.vreel.net/ I don't think you can compete with them. It's coming and it's coming BIG.

That is the most unprofessional looking page I have seen in a while and the logo looks atrocious.