New DVD Burner :D

Wow, i was about to buy this today- 600 dollars, burns DVD format, the Media cd you buy cost 15 bucks, and stores 4.8 GB of fcking data, once the price goes to like 300, im gonna go buy one. Im pretty sure it burns normal CDS as well... amazing :o

$600 - that's like ?375, woah - that's a lot of money...I recently say a 4.7Gb DVD-RAM for ?190 somewhere, can't remember where I saw it, but it was a UK site.

I'm awaiting the C3D or CD3...it can store over 210Gb per side of the disc.

Originally posted by DjmUK

I'm awaiting the C3D or CD3...it can store over 210Gb per side of the disc.

WOW. where is info on this? and is it gonna be cheaper or..

And even though thats huge.. it would suck if you could only burn once.. i wish they would make CD's like floppy's- where you can just drag what you want.. when you want :

Where have you been? Mars? Did you ever hear about CDRWz. You can drag and drop (well in XP) to a cd burner (it's not just like a floppy but it does work) and you can erase it or something if you want.... they have been out for years now... :)

Dumb ass.. after you burn somthing on, you cant use that cd again. thats what i meant. something like a floppy would be cool, add delete.. etc.

[deleting the whole cd is not what i meant either ;)]

you can delete 1 file off a CDRW if you want.. LOl.. just select it and click delete.. LOL... where have you been. you can use Direct CD (from Roxio aka Adaptec) or Windows XP'z built in burner. LOL I've done that so many times with software that keeps getting updated. Like small files like Tweak XP and other stuff i put them all on one cd and when a newer version comes out i just erase the old one (and all the other stuff is still there on the CD) then put the newer version on. The samething goes for my MP3 collection. Since i format alot i keep them on CDRWs. Sometimes i get tired of a song so i just delete that one song and copy the rest and put a newer song that i like in place of that other song...

once again.. where have you been? :D

with xp's built in burning capabilities nothing actually gets burned to the cd until you tell it to ....it gets stored on the hard drive so of course you can just delete and drag anything you want since it isnt being burned anyway

with direct cd you can delete and drag and drop all you want but not on CD-R's just CD-RW's because yeah they can be written to about 1000 times or so

I remember hearing that one file can also cost up to 20mb space leadin/leadout when deleted and replaced with another file, so if you did that realtime (not with WinXP's "wait till you say burn" function) you would just be wasting space on a CDRW

I also have a CDRW but have NEVER used it LOL cause the stupid disks need to be formatted etc etc