UK alternative to Niveus A/V Storage Server

Hi, I building a media centre pc for my dad and need a way to store a large amount of data (1-3 TB) easily.

I don't want to use internal disks and don't really like the idea of lots of external drives all over the place.

By accident I found a reference to the company 'Niveus,' and on their site they have this:

http://www.niveusmedia.com/products/storserver06.htm

which does everything I need it to do, lots of storage, easy to network, auto backup & can be used over the internet and within media centre itself.

Now this seamed to good to be true, and unfortunately it was, they only sell to US & Canada, and as I live in the UK this is problem.

I don't think I can use a mail forwarding company either as it says they will fit and install the product through their dealers, who they seem to be very secretive about.

Does anyone know of a similar product with the same or near the same features (for around the same price ?1,500 ($2999)

and is available in the UK?

or does any one know of a better/alternative way of storing, sharing and backing up this amount of data.

Thanks!

have you tried contacting them for local dealer as it states on website?

http://www.niveusmedia.com/dealer_inquiry.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

putting aside the use of it over the internet, i dont know what benefits this has to most people...

but correct me if im wrong but thats just an external network attached storage device..

and many usb external drives have autobackup features anyway.

anyway in the uk there is : QNap Turbo Station *hold up to 2TB drives*

- Processor: SoC 500MHz

- Memory: 128MB DRAM & 8MB Flash

- HDD Capacity: 2x 3.5" SATA I/II HDD

- LAN Port: 1x Gigabit Ethernet

- LED Indicators

- USB: 3 x USB 2.0

- Intelligent USB Copy Button

- Alarm Buzzer: System Warning

- Dimensions: 214mm x 175mm x 115mm

- Secure Design: K-Lock Security Slot

this was the first one i came across..