Basketball Perservitive

Skip to the bold lettering if you don't care for the background story...

I've had many basketballs through my childhood but one specific basketball has been with me for a very long time. I know I've had it since at least kindergarten, possibly before. I recall misspelling a Shawn Kemp signature I forged onto it when I was 5 or 6. It has more than faded away now... I'm almost 21. The basketball has been used very frequently through the years on a gravel court and recently I brought it with me to college.

Well... A week ago, it went flat for good. It hasn't in good shape for a while, the threads are cracked, the orange leathering is well on it's way off. Now I want to keep it as one of the few sentimental items I care for.

To the point: (Just read this if you don't want the story)

This basketball no longer holds air for more than 24 hours. I can pump air into it, and it will harden, but I now simply want to preserve it and put it in a case.

Does anyone know of a type of spray adhesive or some type of fix to suggest to simply preserve whats left of it aired up one last time?

Thanks.

It might hold nitrogen.

At some tire places and bike shops they pump your tires full of pure nitrogen, rather than air because they say it holds better.

Although, last time I checked (6th grade I think) Air was 70 some % Nitrogen anyways, so they might be full of ****.

Could be worth a shot in this case anyways.