Greetings

I've been on neowin for ages. I joined in 2005, but I'm always a lurker when it comes to forums. Largely I don't use forums unless I have a serious issue which I can't resolve and even then I use that handy thing they call search to avoid leaving lurking mode.

I am an avid Linux user/tester/small time developer. My favorite flavor is a mix of Ubuntu and openSuSe

I hate Windows, but I use it for gaming (Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I have 64-bit but haven't installed, I have a friend who was intent on getting me on vista for some reason so he bought me both).

I hate Apple, but... ok I just hate Apple. Although, I do like them more than Windows... as far as their operating system. I don't like their users' general attitude or the company's idea of being the RIAA's bitch.

I am an 18 year old college student currently attending Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas, USA. I am an MIS major, who is friends with a bunch of CS majors, who make fun of me because I'm MIS instead of CS. That is, until they realized that I would be the one that starts out in the same position as them and later gets to decide if they keep their job or not.

I am very opinionated. If I have an opinion on something, I'll let you know. However, I'm generally a nice person and I am very calm and very patient. I get irritated and I often rant, but only on things that have been bugging me for a long period of time.

I am the Vice-president of my university's anime club (named Animeyhem), the founding member of the Open Source Awareness Association (a club I am trying to get approved at my university, it's not official in any way shape or form yet), and a member of the local chapter of the Video Game Association.

I don't know what else to say.

Hello, and welcome to being active on Neowin, even though you registered 2 1/2 years ago. :unsure:

I like Linux as well, but I don't share the hatred of Windows or Apple. Must suck to "hate Windows", yet rely on it for gaming. :p Anyhow, I am not fond of the Windows OS. Not sure if it is the lack of control I have over it, or I just don't like the GUI at all (I'm a fluxbox person). I like OSX on a technical and UI level, but I think that Apple is worse than Microsoft at the "lock in" game and at keeping secrets.