[Outlook 2007] Error while archiving folder "folder" in store &qu

Question

Hi Guys,

I was trying to setup an auto-archive in Outlook 2007 and was getting an error message that I can not find any answers to. Who is able to help me out?

My Setup:

I have a normal "Personal Folders" PST file where I keep all of my 'local' emails on my laptop. This is where I would like to archive all of my emails to.

I also have another PST file in Outlook, but this is an IMAP folder which has all of my 'current' emails.

What I am trying to do:

Auto-archive, every 7 days, all emails out of my IMAP folder that are older than 2 months, to archive them into my "Personal Folders" PST file on my local pc.

I get the SAME error messages if I try to force it to do an Archive. (so I don't think that it is related to the 'auto' archive feature...

Error message:

I get an error message while trying to do this: Errors occured while archiving. Look for a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder.

Here is an extract:

Error while archiving folder "Friends" in store "user@isp.com". The destination folder contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the source and destination folders contain the same type of items.

It is the same error message that appears for each one of my folders.

What I can do:

I can move/copy emails from the IMAP store to the Personal Folders store.

I can delete emails from each.

Any ideas as to what it going on ?????

Please help!?

Edited by WyldPhoenix

1 answer to this question