BANNED DOAX advertisements...

I found these over @ IGN Xbox...

They are the original advertisements for Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball. Here is the info from IGN...

January 31, 2003 - Like Al Capone's vault, there are some things that are better left undiscovered. The lost advertisements for Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball are a different story. These are the print ads and one television spot that for various reasons never saw the light of day. While we wish they were so risqu? and naughty that it would explain everything, alas they are not. More than likely, whomever makes Tecmo's decisions about advertising didn't see eye to eye with the humor in the ads and that was that. In the game's theme of collection, we present a few more pieces of DOAX that no serious fan would want to miss.

Print>

The print ads that did end up running in magazines around the world wisely featured the ladies of Dead or Alive themselves in an all new, all cheerful beach volleyball setting. These ads featured none of that. Instead we're given images of things that are so far removed from volleyball that it's easy to see why the head of Tecmo quickly shot them down without batting an eye. On the other hand, once you know what DOAX is about, these print pieces are slightly funny. At least with the ads that did run, you knew you were looking at fairly accurate representations of what the game was going to look like on the Xbox. With the dog, melons and dental floss featured in these failed experiments you have the ingredients for the beginning of a bad joke.

460dog.jpg

460floss.jpg

460melon.jpg

TV>

In the fall of 2001, "She kicks high" didn't become a nationwide marketing phenomenon that Tecmo hoped it would've become like "Wassup?" or "I want my baby back ribs." But the theme of the ad for Dead or Alive 3, featuring two dor-- er, gamers playing Team Ninja's fighter whilst extolling what made the game so appealing, struck a chord with somebody somewhere. Enough so that the ad wizards behind DOAX Volleyball touched on the same theme of impressive technology colliding head-on with primal urges. This ad wasn't so much lost or banned from broadcast but you will notice a slightly different ending. It explains a lot.

Play With Yourself Trailer (13MB)

Enjoy guys!!!

Source link: IGN Xbox

this ad is NOT BANNED

i just saw it on every single break during howard stern show on E!..with exactly same ending

ad wasn't so much lost or banned from broadcast but you will notice a slightly different ending. It explains a lot.

It doesn't say it was banned, but I think there a few things that are SLIGHTLY different.