[Boxing] Cotto vs Gomez

In the main event, a welterweight title will be at stake as rising star Miguel Cotto (31-0, 25 KOs), from Caguas, Puerto Rico, takes on Alfonso Gomez (18-3-2, 8 KOs), from Whittier, Cal., in a scheduled 12-round contest.

The opening bout should be just as explosive, as welterweight champ Kermit Cintron (29-1, 27 KOs), from Reading, Pa., battles former champion Antonio Margarito (35-5, 25 KOs), from Tijuana, Mexico, in a title fight scheduled for 12 rounds.

How does everyone see this going? I see Cotto 6th round maybe, I just hope if he wins he secures the clash with Mayweather but he is so far down the tree in terms of Mayweather because he wants Hoya again and then Hatton.

Cotto will win. Mayweather is a punk *****. Cotto will take 'em all.

I hope so! and I really want to see Mayweather take on Cotto!

Great fight from Cotto????

Guys, as pointed out previously, it was against a tomato can. It wasn't even competitive. Sets up a fight with Margarito which btw destroyed his opponent as well.

That will be a good match up.

Did no one watch the light heavyweight tournament on SHO last night? The ripping off of Glen Johnson? The beating of an amateur in Clinton Woods?

I saw the highlights of Clinton Woods as he was British there was alot about this fight but after he lost no one seems to care, Tarver was knackered and he just couldn't take him.

from fightnews.com

cotto_margarito.jpg

After WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto demolished The Contender's Alfonso Gomez and Antonio Margarito destroyed Kermit Cintron to take the IBF welterweight belt, promoter Bob Arum said he is looking to match Cotto and Margarito on July 26th at a site to be named. There is the isssue of Margarito's IBF mandatory against Top Rank-promoted Joshua Clottey, but it is expected that Cotto-Margarito will be a go, although a deal still has to be reached.

More to come...

Sunday, April 13 2008

Another win for Cotto!

Margarito is a tough dude. Not sure how many people have followed his career. I'm pretty sure Cotto will beat him but it will be tougher than the Mosley fight was imo.