Would I be able to make the switch?

Since last summer I've thought of purchasing a Mac. I've used Windows based computers ever since I was brought 'into' computers. I have read all about the Macs and Leopard online @ Apple.com but its still nice to know from people who actually use them what they think of them and what not. I was wondering if a Mac would be ok for me. If switching wouldn't cause any problems to my daily computer using. Currently I use a Sony VAIO Laptop that runs Windows Vista Home Premium. Please don't get me wrong, vista is a fine system, have never had a virus and all problems I have been faced with (that were Vista specific, no third party apps doing) I was able to fix within a few minutes spent on Google or here at Neowin. I've tried a bunch to make my Vista computer to look and feel like Leopard but without having ObjectDesktop that is really hard to accomplish. And in the end, all I get is the look of Leopard nothing new that is that much more special then the normal Vista machine. I've put a list together of everything I do on my computer.

• Normal everyday browsing the Internet while using the latest version of Firefox
  • Browsing RSS feeds. I have no special software for this but it would be cool if I did.
  • Downloading/Watching Anime. Basically this is just being able to download videos through the web and torrents. Most are in .AVI
  • Adobe Photoshop CS3
  • Windows Live Messenger/AIM ... although I never really use AIM anymore.
  • FTP. On my laptop I use SmartFTP, I assume there are FTP clients for Leopard.
  • Torrents. Mainly for anime.
  • Music/Videos. For music I use iTunes, even though I own a Zune, iTunes has a way better interface.
  • I own a Zune 80 and well seeing as how there is not support for the Zune on Mac I don't know what I'd do there. I don't really want to buy an iPod, sorry just not a fan of that one.
  • I currently own a Xbox 360, though in the near future I will be selling it to purchase a Playstation 3. You can stream music/pics/videos on both gaming consoles. Does this work fine on a Mac?
  • I never game on my computer ^.^
  • I use a Laptop which is usually stationary at home, but whenever I go over to someone else's house for a few days I always bring my computer. Would the iMac be a good choice there? It looks pretty portable, just being careful with it right?

Is there any walkthrough videos of Leopard/Macs. Meaning exploring the features of Leopard or exploring the iMac (as simple as like an unboxing or something).

I think eveything on the list is ok except for Zune, for msn use adium rather then ichat, much better program.

For .avi there are 3rd party apps much better then quicktime, eg VLC

A Mac will fulfill all those needs and probably do it better/faster.

And iPod Touch > Zune. By about a mile.

I wouldn't be surprised if you end up getting an iPhone, either.

I'm pretty excited for you, I must say.

• Normal everyday browsing the Internet while using the latest version of Firefox. Sure. Firefox, Safari/Webkit, Omniweb, Camino, Shiira.
  • Browsing RSS feeds. I have no special software for this but it would be cool if I did. NetNewsWire, NewsFire, Mail, Safari
  • Downloading/Watching Anime. Basically this is just being able to download videos through the web and torrents. Most are in .AVI. BT - Transmission. Watch - QT+Perian or VLC.
  • Adobe Photoshop CS3 - Yes.
  • Windows Live Messenger/AIM ... although I never really use AIM anymore. Adium.
  • FTP. On my laptop I use SmartFTP, I assume there are FTP clients for Leopard. Transmit, Flow, Cyberduck.
  • Torrents. Mainly for anime. Transmission
  • Music/Videos. For music I use iTunes, even though I own a Zune, iTunes has a way better interface. Yes.
  • I currently own a Xbox 360, though in the near future I will be selling it to purchase a Playstation 3. You can stream music/pics/videos on both gaming consoles. Does this work fine on a Mac? Connect360
  • I never game on my computer ^.^ Me either!
  • I use a Laptop which is usually stationary at home, but whenever I go over to someone else's house for a few days I always bring my computer. Would the iMac be a good choice there? It looks pretty portable, just being careful with it right? Erm. You could, but you'd have to bring the mouse/kb as well.

Is there any walkthrough videos of Leopard/Macs. Meaning exploring the features of Leopard or exploring the iMac (as simple as like an unboxing or something).

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=612931

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/

Sounds like a Mac would work great for you. Give Linux a try, too. I've used probably 20-30 OS over the years, and it's amazing how much use you can get out all of them.

• I use a Laptop which is usually stationary at home, but whenever I go over to someone else's house for a few days I always bring my computer. Would the iMac be a good choice there? It looks pretty portable, just being careful with it right?

Why not a Macbook instead?

And LTD, the Zune has way more capacity.