Found C3D Info (100Gb Disc)

Pasted from (http://www.c-3d.net)

Constellation 3D's first generation disc products will be a family of CD sized (120mm) multilayer discs with capacities up to 100 Gigabytes. This compares to 17.4 Gigabytes of storage in the highest capacity (dual-layer, dual-sided) DVD. The storage provided by these new discs would, for example, allow up to 20 hours of compressed HDTV film viewing.

In the future, cards and discs with capacities exceeding 1 Terabyte (1,000 gigabytes) are planned. The company will also be announcing WORM (Write Once Read Many) products.

I can't wait until it's available.

Hope this helps :rambo:

I hadn't heard of this before, but that is exciting. By reading the products article, it seems that by a slight modification to existing CD/DVD drive SPU, these FMD's can be read. That makes a FMD player come down to the same price as today's CD/DVD drives. :)

Nice...nice...

Ok .. where are all the guys with the negativity. They are gonna say it's not posible to do that and stuff.. hehe. i like this idea though.. I'll be able to store all my stuff on a single disc and then keep my HD clean of everything except an OS. Talk about back up.. :) that sounds really good right now... I got a 40GB and it takes a long a$$ time to burn all that data to CDs and i gotta keep switching and stuff.. i can't afford a DVD burner (and even though this will be more expensive) it's worth it though.... unlike a $10,000 Plasma TV. Even if i was a millionaire i wouldn't buy one of those.. just waste of money... a 65" widescreen HD TV is for like 4Gz so i'd rather get that. :) I'd never leave my house :)