[Politics/Boxing] Klitschko, Giuliani team up?

Klitschko, Giuliani team up!

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and his firm have agreed to advise Vitali Klitschko and his team in Vitali's bid to become Mayor of Kiev, Ukraine in the election being held on May 25th. "Mayor Giuliani took the helm of a City that had been deemed 'unmanageable' and 'ungovernable,' stated Vitali. "In eight years, under his stewardship, he turned the City into an international symbol of urban renaissance by taming crime, stimulating economic development and demanding government accountability and transparency. I look forward to working with him and his team before and after the election to develop and adapt for Kiev those practices which worked so effectively in New York."

Wednesday, May 7 2008

From fightnews.com

I fell borderline on where to put this. RWI or sports? I'll let the mods decide. Anyways, interesting match up eh?

When I first read the title and thought what Giuliani vs Klitschko! but very interesting to see where this goes tho.

This is what I mean about heavyweight boxing. Who gives a crap about these guys? Fighting once or twice a year, one of them not fighting for years now and he is ranked in the top ten.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/7393179.stm

Klitschko set for Peter showdown

_44642738_vitali203.jpg

Former WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko is set to challenge current title-holder Samuel Peter in October after four years out of the ring.

Klitschko, 27, from Ukraine, retired because of injury after stopping Britain's Danny Williams in 2004.

But he announced plans for a comeback last year before having to delay them after undergoing spinal surgery.

The WBC says he will take on Peter even if he succeeds in his current campaign to be elected mayor of Kiev.

Klitschko's younger brother Wladimir is the reigning WBO and IBF champion and is the only man to beat Peter in his 31-fight career.

And the "Nigerian Nightmare" has his sights set on avenging that loss against the elder Klitschko, with either 4 or 11 October the most likely dates for the fight.

Before that, however, Peter is set to make his first title defence in July, having won the WBC belt by stopping Oleg Maskev in six rounds two months ago.

WTF

Its a bit like Haye from UK over here he is stepping up from Cruiser to Heavyweight and expected to get a shot at Wladamir before even treading the water.

WTF

Its a bit like Haye from UK over here he is stepping up from Cruiser to Heavyweight and expected to get a shot at Wladamir before even treading the water.

True that. Although I will say that makes for an interesting fight. I've always liked the step ups.