Jose Mourinho

Many of us (including me) miss Mourinho. So any news of where he is headed? I heard some rumours about him moving to Anfield as a replacement for Rafa??? Also heard he wanting to manage AC Milan? Will we see "great one" "the special one" this season? and where???

Edited by Kralik

I was hoping he'd end up at my beloved Barcelona, but unfortunately he isn't the right man (apparently).

Shame he was an assistant at Barca once I think he could do a great job at Camp Nou.

Shame he was an assistant at Barca once I think he could do a great job at Camp Nou.

He started out as Bobby Robson's translator, but ended up becoming his assistant.

Where have you guys been? He's on Setanta Sports! :laugh:

EDIT: YouTube embedding not working? :confused:

He has said he will be only moving to Spain or Italy for his next job and he only wants a high profile one.

Since Barca, Real and AC are keeping their managers for next season, that only really leaves him with Inter Milan or Juventus. He'll go to Inter.

its not the great one... its the special one... that stuff on setanta is genious... especially when all the chelsea players call in

its not the great one... its the special one... that stuff on setanta is genious... especially when all the chelsea players call in

Thanks for the correction.. :rolleyes: Completley escaped my mind.. So you think the result would've been different had it been Jose taking Chelsea to Moscow?

i don't think so, cause jose couldn't never get them there...

I don't think so, Mourinho did won the Champions in Porto and I guess if the relationship between Mourinho and his Boss russian didn't gone wrong at start of the season, they could have made a better end season..

We have to remember that some players that came to Chelsea on order of the boss, Mourinho didn't wanted them because he thought they would damage the team..

Now I hope he gets a good club and start coaching again very soon..

#I'm sorry about some bad english on this post but the dictionary is off right now in firefox.. :)

Signed up for Inter today.

Haven't seen anything about that seeing as Mancini wants to stay at Inter.

Signed up for Inter today.

According to Telegraph today..

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is expected to be installed as the new coach of Italian champions Inter Milan this week.

The 45-year-old Portuguese is set to take over from Roberto Mancini, who was saked by Inter last night.

jose.jpg

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Mourinho told friends: "I can't wait to start."

Roberto Mancini's agent has indicated his client is no longer the coach of Inter Milan.

Mancini, heavily linked with the Chelsea vacancy, looks to be on his way out at the San Siro less than a fortnight after delivering the club's third consecutive Serie A title.

The 43-year-old's agent, Giorgio De Giorgis, says Mancini left the club following a 25-minute meeting with president Massimo Moratti. The club has yet to make an announcement.

De Giorgis also claimed former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been lined up as Mancini's replacement.

He told Sportitalia television: "Roberto never expected it to end like this.

Disappointed

"As an outsider, I could rationally understand that something was not right, but that is the way things have gone.

"Roberto is very disappointed also because he has not yet finished his job - he wanted to try and win even more league titles, and maybe even the Champions League.

"Now Mourinho will arrive and he has only got to repeat what has happened in the last few years.

"Roberto is now considering making a statement to avoid gossip and it should be a statement praising the president and those who worked with him.

"Certainly he is shocked and has taken it badly.

"I have spoken with him and he sounded quite down, but tomorrow will be even worse."

Mancini has endured a turbulent season at the San Siro, tendering his resignation in the immediate aftermath of the club's UEFA Champions League elimination by Liverpool in March only to be talked into a rethink by Moratti.

"After the Liverpool game, there was tension and maybe Roberto could have avoided it, but the president knows him well and when he apologises, he does so because he realises he has done wrong," De Giorgis continued.

"Roberto has a great quality of being a good person so he has never given his availability to anybody else and has always done his job.

Testing

"These last three months have been very testing and the press have not been fair towards Inter.

"The club maybe let things get carried away, destabilising the atmosphere with all this gossip. But he always felt a lot for Inter and to try and lift him, I told him that maybe he will now be able to get back the 10 years he has lost while in Milan.

"He thought he would have a month of holiday now before returning to Inter and continuing to win. Maybe now it will be a bit longer, but I hope somebody calls him [with a job offer] as early as tomorrow because it is never good to be out of work as a coach."

Reports in Italy suggest Mourinho has arrived in Milan and may be presented as the club's new coach as early as Wednesday.

Mancini's departure would increase speculation linking him with the position at Stamford Bridge, vacated after Saturday's sacking of Avram Grant.

So, Mancini has left, which clears the boat for Mourinho.