Chelsea boss

Who should be the next Blues manager?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as manager at the Bridge?

• Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Luiz Felipe Scolari
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Frank Rijkaard
    • None of these!

Wasn't Hiddink linked with the club?

As far as I know, yes! I would say it's about 90% sure.

Why are they looking rid of the current manager? The current one got them to the final of the Champions leauge, better than murino did. And closely lost on the cup, so imo he wasnt that bad atal.

Why are they looking rid of the current manager? The current one got them to the final of the Champions leauge, better than murino did. And closely lost on the cup, so imo he wasnt that bad atal.

Grant was fired on Saturday.

Why is Jurgen Klinsmann in the poll? He's already the manager of Bayern Munich.

Scirwode

Yeah but he also won nothing, while Mourinho won two cups in his first season. Grant should never have been hired in the first place IMO.

Grant should never have been hired in the first place IMO.

Agreed. He didn't even have the right UEFA qualifications to play in the Champions League! UEFA should have done something about it. They probably thought "just let them play, he'll get knocked out in the group stage!", and then ended up with egg on their face.

Scirwode

Chelsea were looking into seeing how concrete that contract was.

Chelsea were looking into seeing how concrete that contract was.

I think it's pretty concrete, considering Philipp Lahm signed a new contract because of him. Liverpool tried to get him, what makes Chelsea think they can get him. However, if they do, Bayern Munich will have something to say to UEFA and FIFA.

Scirwode

I really don't understand the reasoning behind Grants departure. It is what it is.... At least Terry prevailed tonight in the international friendly vs the USA. Sucks that England didn't qualify for the euro2k8 though :(.

I'm American but I was rooting for england the whole game(specifically terry :p)!

Scirwode

Klinsmann is here coz Chelsea chased him again; according to Telegraph:

Chelsea checked on Jurgen Klinsmann's availability earlier this week as they continue finalising their shortlist of candidates to succeed Avram Grant as manager.

Although Klinsmann is set to join Bayern Munich this summer, an enquiry was made to see if there were any loop-holes in the agreement that might allow him to become a contender to take charge at Stamford Bridge.

Full news here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...8/sfnche128.xml

Inter have "sacked" Mancini plus Henk has been sacked from Chelsea so this could lead to a whole new regime at Chelsea.

I don't think Klinsmann is that good a manager personally, he has never even managed a club at club level.

Agreed. His entire managerial experience is 3 years for the German national team, and now he's taking charge of Bayern Munich. I don't like it when players who become managers get everything handed to them on a plate. They usually start off in the top league. Gareth Southgate, for example. Other people are having to work their way up (Roy Keane, Paul Ince, etc.)

I hope Mark Hughes doesn't become Chelsea manager, he is a good manager who should have the job at man utd one day. I rate him perhaps one of the best player come managers of the last 10-20 years.

Roy Keane working his way up? Do us a favor Sunderland is his first job, sure he's done well. I find most of the current player come managers get more coverage, sure I like it that they are in the lower leagues first, but I'm not so sure they can become top quality managers.

It doesn't really matter who they bring in, the Russian will fire them after the next season anyway, when they do even worse than this year. There will be a huge firesale going on at Chelsea this year, as noone wants to play for them anymore; other than the washed ups at least.

Apparently, AC Milan have rejected an approach from Chelsea for Ancelotti. I have also heard, that Chelsea have made a tentative approach to Lippi (who has not had a job since he won the World Cup).

I am surprised that Milan turned down for Ancelotti as I would of thought they want a fresh start with them not in the CL next season.