EliteXC on CBS tonight

I haven't got round to watching it but I am reading bad things on mmajunkie and on here so I think I might give it a miss.

I haven't got round to watching it but I am reading bad things on mmajunkie and on here so I think I might give it a miss.

it wasn't bad, a couple of the fights where good. The championship one was good until the stoppage, carano is pretty good and i like kimbo (but i don't think he would survive in the UFC). Its not up there with UFC and what not, but it wasn't bad.

ok so here's the deal... Elite XC is so very obviously rigged.

I'm extremely glad not to be the only one. Its almost like they were much too worried about excessive violence on prime time. The network failed and Kimbo will lose to ANYONE in the top ten. So glad I called the Villasenor fight. Couldn't stand the guy at first but the more I watch, he is pretty well rounded. Thought he would win by submission but I'll take that TKO.

Some fighter Gina Carano is... She's failed to make weight for her last 3 fights!

Carano defeated former Hook n Shoot champion Kaitlin Young on EliteXC: Primetime on May 31, 2008.[6] On May 30, 2008, a day before the fight, it was announced that Carano failed to make weight for her fight (140), after weighing in at 144.5 lb. She agreed to take a 12.5% "show" purse deduction which will go to Young, and the fight remained on the card.

Despite most MMA organizations setting weight classes at 135 (Bantamweight (MMA)) and 145 (Featherweight (MMA)) pounds, EliteXC opted to create a women's weight class at 140 pounds. Many people have speculated this weight class was "designed and created especially for her by Elite XC with the hopes that her size and lack of formidable/veteran opponents with the intent on building the reputation of Carano as the face of women's mixed martial arts.

Regardless, Carano has failed to make weight for her past 3 fights at EliteXC: Primetime, EliteXC: Uprising and EliteXC Destiny.

Stick to Gladiators... Crush!

Edited by Zoom7000

It's already been discussed Zoom.. but thanks for dropping by days later to tell us the same thing again. We already know about the weight issue.. but you can't deny that she has some incredible talent, she destroyed Young who was supposed to be her biggest challenger.