A Few Home Theater Questions..

Ok, so I have an HTPC i just rebuilt (Asus 780G mobo, AMD 64 4200+, 2x1GB, HVR-1600, and a 500GB drive for now) and I just got a new TV (Olevia 37")

Right now, I have an old second hand Sharp receiver (only composite inputs, no remote or anything, very simple) that I use for my old turntable. I have some JBL 2600 bookshelf speakers that work great. Only problem is the receiver outputs 2channel really bad.

I'm looking at this receiver to use with the bookshelfs i have for now.

I'm a n00b when it comes to HT sound, so does this look like a good one? Or can i do better for less?

I'll mainly have my HTPC (HDMI video if i can ever get it to work, optical audio as my mobo only does 2chan audio via hdmi i believe), my X360 (component), my PS2 slim (composite) and turntable hooked up to it for now.

I'll probably just get some used speakers off of craigslist as I don't really wanna spend a ton of money on them right now.

Any suggestions for some decent ones to look out for?

Lastly, I really need a remote to control everything. I'm looking at the Logitech Harmoby 550.

My main question was will it work with my HTPC or will i need an adapter or something?

I have a USB-UIRT i used when I had direcTV, but I have cable now and don't need it.

Thanks a lot.

The receiver is probably the best in the price bracket - the ONKYO range are all very highly acclaimed award winning receivers.