You Tube - We're sorry, this video is no longer available

McDave

You don't need to install java to run flash video's on yourtube, you do need javascript enabled in your browser (youtube refuses to display the video player without it) so in this case it has nothing to do with Javascript as the player is displayed.

You don't need to install java to run flash video's on yourtube, you do need javascript enabled in your browser (youtube refuses to display the video player without it) so in this case it has nothing to do with Javascript as the player is displayed.

micwa

I don't believe it has anything to do with Vista.

YouTube in general is BUGGY BUGGY BUGGY. When they "fix" or "add" something new, they break 10 other things. It happens time and time again after a rather inconvenient "maintenance" work (Yes, they LOVE to do it around 6-8pm, you know when a lot--- if not most people are active--- rather waiting until early morning). It never fails, as does the site in general anyway. ;)

This problem is very strange. When it happens, it happens all at once. When it's not happening, it's not. I don't know what exactly triggers it, and YouTube doesn't either.

The best thing to do it to keep refreshing it, or trying IE/Firefox/etc -- until the video plays.

dlancelot

funny, McDave, "You don't need to install java to run flash video's on yourtube, you do need javascript enabled in your browser"

if the user doesn't have javascript plugin installed, installing java fixes that

on the flipside of the coin, if the user has javascript installed but some trigger happy wanna be has disabled it, installing java will give the user an error and prompt them to enable it themselves...

either way, I believe this problem is solved and this topic can be closed, unless anyone has any problems still?

McDave

dlancelot we already knew javascript was enabled on the OP's computer as because it displayed the video player. Youtube will not display it if ain't enabled.

if the user doesn't have javascript plugin installed, installing java fixes that

My computer does not have the Java runtime installed and can view youtube fine, its why I said you don't need it installed. secondly where is the option to uninstall Javascript? Was under the opinion that it was a feature of the web browser and only option I can see is to disable it. On the topic of installing Java see my second paragraph below.

on the flipside of the coin, if the user has javascript installed but some trigger happy wanna be has disabled it, installing java will give the user an error and prompt them to enable it themselves...

To try this I just disabled Javascript then installed the latest version of the Java runtime enviroment where no error prompt was displayed and its still JS is disabled. When I visited youtube it still said I either ain't got javascript enabled or flash installed. This is why I said it had nothing to do with Java.

Edited by McDave
redvamp128

Could possibly be that some videos when uploaded have the option of only allow people who are signed into YOU TUBE to view. Which keeps some people from linking the video or embed the video into other sites. Just a thought-- Try signing into you tube then try to view the videos -- and all the videos load for me-- Ubuntu 8.04- Firefox-- Crossover Chromium- and FireFox in Wine-- as well as Safari running with/under wine.

dlancelot
Could possibly be that some videos when uploaded have the option of only allow people who are signed into YOU TUBE to view. Which keeps some people from linking the video or embed the video into other sites. Just a thought-- Try signing into you tube then try to view the videos -- and all the videos load for me-- Ubuntu 8.04- Firefox-- Crossover Chromium- and FireFox in Wine-- as well as Safari running with/under wine.

redvamp we know this is not the case from testing

soldier1st

i get that sometimes and the simple fix is to hit F5 to refresh it.problem solved.