Xbox Question

Ok, so I have a feeling I'm gonna get laughed at now but I need to ask this. I got an Xbox at Xmas. My girlfriend bought it for me belive it or not! I'm not going to Mod my Xbox, well at least not the one she bpought me, but I will probably buy another one in th future and Mod it. What I wanted to know is simple.

1. Seeing as mione is the newest model, what can I use to watch movies on it, besides the stupid XDVD Controller BS. I mean, can I burn like all my Southpark Episodes on to VCD or SVCD and watch them on it or what? I have heard that people have been able to do that on unmodded Xboxes but wanted a defenate answer from one of you guys.

2. Second, I have heard that M$ has changed the DVD Drive in the Xboxes a couple times now. Is this true? Does anyone know what DVD Drive was in the latest model?

Thanx guys, I have come to know I can count on my fellow Neowinians for stuff like this. :laugh:

dunno about the first question. I think it needs to be modded, but I'm not sure.

Yes, ms has changed dvd drives. I think the latest one is a samsung if I'm not mistaken. The previous one was a philips. Check www.xbox-scene.com for good information (look in the forums).

The DVD drive has changed a couple of times. I can't remember what kind it is now though. To find out all the know-how on Moding your X-Box. Head over to Xbox Scene. I check there often for updates on modding and the different programs you can use to do different things to your box.

Cool I will definately check that out. Now, the other reason i ask about the VCD SVCD thing is very simple. See the Xbox has some games whose movis or FMV's are in MPEG and even some in Divx Format. This tells me that I should be able to take some of the movies that I have downloaded and burn them to CD and play them on my current Xbox before I go and buy another one from EB to Mod. On top of that, it is running a GeForce Graphics core and an Intell 733. The Xbox is basically a computer that has been stripped down and the user has been locked out of the OS. Most Systems with Windows Media PLayer were able to play MPEG and Divx movies before. I'm just wondering if M$ added that feature into their console to make it closer to what they really want to do, which is turn it into a Home Entertainment System, meaning Music, Movies, and Games. Maybe I will have to mess around with the different versions of CD's and try it out. If anyone can find out please let me know. Again, thanx to all my fellow Neowinians! :laugh:

Dude, if you don't want to cause harm to your box just get a solder less mod chip... that way you can always remove it and not really screw anything up. Then you'll be able to all the stuff you want and MORE!