[Boxing] Kessler focused on Sartison!

On Saturday, former WBA and WBC super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler, will make his first ring start since his decision to loss to unbeaten legend Joe Calzaghe last November, when he fights for the vacant WBA super middleweight title against Dimitri Sartison in Copenhagen. "I am trying to climb back to the top of the mountain," Kessler said. "My whole focus right now is on Sartison....I must take care of business with Mr. Sartison and then we can look to the future. I know that Sartison is not coming here to give me any kind of easy victory." Should Kessler emerge victorious, there has been interest from both sides in a showdown with WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. "First things first," manager Bettina Palle said. "Sartison is fighting close to home and he has upset on his mind. There are big fights out there for Mikkel, Pavlik among them, but first Mikkel knows he needs to collect another world title belt."

--

Unbeaten super middleweight Dimitri Sartison (22-0, 14 KOs) is set for the biggest fight of his life when he faces former unified champion world champion Mikkel Kessler on Saturday for the vacant WBA 168lb championship at the famed Brondby Hall in Copenhagen. The Spotlight Boxing fighter who has previously won in Germany, Poland, Austria, the Czech Republic and Hungary, expects to do the same when fighting in Kessler's backyard. "I'm glad to box in Copenhagen," said Sartison. "I am totally psyched up. This world championship chance is what I've always worked toward. Along the way, I've had to bite down to get through some bad luck with injuries ? but now it has paid off. I've always believed in myself. With my trainer Magomed Schaburow and my team, we were just in an extremely hard training camp near Moscow. I couldn't have prepared any better and harder than I did there. I'm doing the rest of my preparation in Hamburg. I want to bring the WBA title to Germany!"

"Dimitri Sartison has more than earned this chance," added promoter Dietmar Poszwa. "I'm very happy for him, because he worked very hard for years to get this world championship fight. In this duel he's certainly an underdog, but as we all know anything is possible in boxing!"Also on the card, highly regarded middleweight Gennady Golovkin (12-0, 10 KOs), also trained by Magomed Schaburow, goes for this thirteenth consecutive pro win against Amar Amari (13-8-1, 8 KOs). Golovkin was a silver medalist in the 2004 Olympics.

Pavlik would easily beat both of them.