[EGM] Killzone 2 Cover Story in the Mail

Hello, I just wanted to bring to your attention to something a lot of people have been wanting to see more of since last E3: Yes that?s right, new Killzone 2 coverage. We?ve got a big cover story coming up with the August issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly which should hit subscribers by the end of the week. Everyone else should be able to get their hands on it near the end of June/beginning of July on newsstands. The cover story contains a lot of great Killzone 2 coverage, including background on where the franchise has taken us, new gameplay reveals, as well as information about the developer, Guerrilla Games. Did I mention that this is also EGM?s official E3 issue as well?

Be sure to keep an eye out on 1up.com between now and E3 for teasers, interviews, gameplay videos and other KZ2 content. We will have a new screenshot teaser up on 1up soon, just to whet your appetite a little. Then as we get closer to E3, you?ll start to see more Killzone 2 goodness popping up, so keep your eyes peeled.

2590553209_4abc6068fa_o.jpg

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/19/...ry-in-the-mail/

Seems like we'll be getting a KZ2 media blowout(Y)r E3 (Y)

I'm hoping for multiplayer :yes:ls :yes:

Edited by Audioboxer

Might end up buying a PS3 for this game, loved the first one. Heres to great coverage on it!

EGM's August Issue Checks Out Killzone 2

For all its hype, graphically stunning PS3 first-person shooter Killzone 2 has been something of a mystery since its infamous E3 2005 debut. But in the August issue of EGM -- shipping to subscribers now -- we finally take a look behind the curtain at exactly what this game will offer. In our massive 12-page cover story, Shane Bettenhausen gets to try the game out and is surprised at what he discovers.

Before jumping into the new game, we've got a round-up of the story and characters from the previous two Killzone titles, so you don't need to be left behind if you never played them. In addition to discussing the general shooting gameplay, we also had the first chance to play with vehicular combat via a powerful tank that will be at the player's disposal for certain sections of the game. And that's not all for weaponry -- we also compare the guns and equipment of the ISA (i.e. the good guys) and the Helghast (i.e. the bad guys).

On top of our hands-on time with the game, we also interview Guerilla Games and get their thoughts on the original controversial trailer, the delay to 2009, and how they got stuck with the "Halo-killer" tag that they feel doesn't really stick. Guerilla managing director Hermen Hulst tell us, "Killzone's always been a very different beast than Halo. So none of us really wanted to make that comparison." Nevertheless, they're hoping to polish their second attempt at a major FPS release in this franchise to the point where it can compete with the big boys of the genre, including Call of Duty 4. Will they pull it off? Check out our preview and decide for yourself.

The August issue of EGM should be hitting subscribers in the coming days, and it will be available at newsstands soon.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168312

12 pages? :drool:

Anyone remember Haze, what happened with that killer app? I have both PS3 and xbox, on my PS3 for the time cause my box broke so don't think i'm hating. But I think all the publicity and that stupid e3 trailer killed them and their game. Socom or the COD series will beat it

Anyone remember Haze, what happened with that killer app? I have both PS3 and xbox, on my PS3 for the time cause my box broke so don't think i'm hating. But I think all the publicity and that stupid e3 trailer killed them and their game. Socom or the COD series will beat it

That stupid trailer has now been superseded by actual in game footage, and it actually looks better - so I don't think it's done them any harm.

As for the Haze comment, fair point but I'm fairly certain KZ2 won't follow down the same path.