PSP not reading Memory Stick

Hi Guys, I've recently been having problems with my Slim PSP after transferring some stuff to the memory stick. Whenever i turn the PSP on i would get the flashing orange light and it doesn't find the stick or recognise it.

Sometimes i'm able to get it to show up by pushing the stick in slowly and holding it in and this can either show the memory stick as 0KB or sometimes let me see what is inside it. However this doesn't stay that way and after playing a game and returning to the XMB the stick is gone.

I've tried formatting it from the PSP but it always fails. I've also tried formatting from the PC which works but doesn't change the problem of not showing in the PSP. Can anyone help me with this problem?

In case it helps, I'm on 3.71m33 and i've tried updating to 3.90m33 but the updater always says update failed.

you might need to go to 3.80m33, then you can auto update via network update :p

tried a different stick? I sometimes get this with my phat psp, and I have to restart the PSP/remove memory stick a few times. keep trying it should work again.

Hi Guys, I've recently been having problems with my Slim PSP after transferring some stuff to the memory stick. Whenever i turn the PSP on i would get the flashing orange light and it doesn't find the stick or recognise it.

Sometimes i'm able to get it to show up by pushing the stick in slowly and holding it in and this can either show the memory stick as 0KB or sometimes let me see what is inside it. However this doesn't stay that way and after playing a game and returning to the XMB the stick is gone.

I've tried formatting it from the PSP but it always fails. I've also tried formatting from the PC which works but doesn't change the problem of not showing in the PSP. Can anyone help me with this problem?

In case it helps, I'm on 3.71m33 and i've tried updating to 3.90m33 but the updater always says update failed.

You probably have a flaky memory stick...try another stick to clear out your problem.

If you can access your memory stick for a while, then try formatting it. Otherwise you may have to replace your psp

If you're on the custom firmware, put the stick in, hold R while turning it on and toggle USB connection (I think flash1 is the mem. stick) in the recovery menu. If it works, then clearly something has gone iffy in the actual XMB. If it does work, though, you can just update by shoving the update EBOOT in the recovery folder.

If it doesn't, find a new stick and try that, or alternatively try to find a memory card reader for the PC (if you're lucky, the store might let you use theirs if all you want it for is to check if it's corrupted or not). If it's the stick, time to buy a new one. The legit ones are pretty cheap these days so you don't need to risk it on ebay. If it's the actual memory card slot, well, either risk it with Sony repairing it or sell it on ebay as broken (you usually get the odd person willing to buy it for cheap, spare parts etc) and put the money towards a new PSP.