[Review] Zune 2 8GB

Well, I finally got my Zune 2 8B Black MP3 player by Microsoft. Let me tell you one thing, this baby is awesome. I was so amazed when I turned it on, the menu interface is sleek, and easy to navigate, well designed.

Menu Interface:

- Absolutely awesome. Sleek and stylish design.

Zune Pad:

Same as the iPod's touch control for the iPod 2nd Gen

Premium Headphones:

- Excellent design

- Cord is made of fabric, stylish, and should last longer than plastic

- In ear design

- Magnetic earbuds

- Storage pouch is awesome

- Sound quality absolutely amazing

- Headphone jack port is a tight fit, hard to insert and remove

Music:

Menu Interface:

- Absolutely awesome. Sleek and stylish design.

Zune Pad:

Same as the iPod's touch control for the iPod 2nd Gen

Premium Headphones:

- Excellent design

- Cord is made of fabric, stylish, and should last longer than plastic

- In ear design

- Magnetic earbuds

- Storage pouch is awesome

- Sound quality absolutely amazing

- Headphone jack port is a tight fit, hard to insert and remove

Music:

The music navigation is awesome, shows album cover while playing, shows song title, allows you to send the playing file

easily to another Zune wirelessly, allows you to go to that artist directly, shuffle song, genre, by artists, by song, by

album. Really useful feature!

Video:

True HD quality video, smart widescreen design, excellent sound quality. Truely amazed by this.

Podcasts:

True HD quality video, smart widescreen design, excellent sound quality allows you to subscribe/unsubscribe from

podcast.

Pictures:

Didnt play around with this too much. Allows slideshows. Pretty cool though

Zune Social:

- Interesting and useful feature, alllows you to see the latest songs your friend has played, and allows you to purchase

them directly from your Zune to upload on next sync if you have a Zune pass. Allows you to search for nearby Zune's.

One thing that I didnt like about this, is the Inbox doesnt work right, I can't get messages from the Zune software or Zune

website onto my Zune, which makes no sense, I still dont understand how this works yet.

Wireless Sync:

Useful, but a bit slow, and Zune heats up during a long wireless sync, eats a bit of battery as well.

Well there you have it. I totally think you should head out and by a Zune, you will be truly amazed by it.

<snipped>

Edited by PureLegend

Welcome to Neowin.... Thanks for the review...

I own a first generation Zune, didn't care for it that much of it and the earbuds they included were a joke. The second generation is a big impovement.

Welcome to Neowin.... Thanks for the review...

I own a first generation Zune, didn't care for it that much of it and the earbuds they included were a joke. The second generation is a big impovement.

The earbuds included with any PMP usually suck.

• 4 weeks later...