Foobar2000 Columns UI and NG playlists with various artists albums

I had originally had this posted in the Foobar Customization thread but got no replies. So I created a new thread for this.

I'm using Foobar 0.9.5.3 with Columns UI .3 beta 2 preview 11d and have been having a hard time getting my groupings set up with NG playlist. I want to be able to have just one playlist that will show single artist albums grouped by artist and also have separate groups for various artists albums. I use Album Artist = Various Artists for the VA albums and only use the Artist tag for everything else. I'd also like to have a third group for single tracks that may not have an Album tag set, but I could live without that for now. I have my files tagged with ID3v2.3 tags.

Can someone please help me out here?

Tried?

$if2(%album artist%,%artist%)

Thank you so much! I think I was misunderstanding the $if2 parameters. I kept trying to put $if(%albumartist%, Various Artists) and some other variations that did not give me the results that I wanted. It was so easy after seeing your entry!

Now I have it as

$if2(%album artist%,%artist%) - %album%	 %date%

I'll keep playing with it some more to get the groups how I want them. At least I got a better start now :rolleyes: