Keyboard and Mousepad Sliding On Desk

I have a fairly nice desk setup. It's a 3 piece glass desk, very clean and modern, and plenty of space. One slight problem is that after a session of gaming or whatever else, the keyboard and mousepad have slid up and the only thing stopping them is the fact that they are now against the base of my monitor.

Is there some kind of desk mat or pad or other apparatus that will hold these in place? I'm not even putting any force on them, it's just that there is no grip whatsoever against the glass surface. I've looked into the Ripper XXL I believe it is called, but have never seen evidence that it will fix my problem.

Any suggestions would be great, I might post some pics to illustrate the issue. This also ends up totalllyyyy killing my back.

Thanks!

What is the material on the bottom of your current mousepad?

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/xtracpads_ripper_xxl

Here's a review of the XTracPads Ripper XXL

http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products/42562...K.html/froogle/

This is the current mouse pad, and I have nothing underneath the keyboard, which is a Logitech Media keyboard. The "rubber" grips do nothing. The supposed rubber grip on the mousepad has no "stick" to it either. Thank you for the link, I'll read it now.

I have that exact same mousepad (not using that anymore) and it doesn't slip on mine.

I'm not using a glass surface though, so I don't really know how much it would slip on glass.

I used to use double sided tapes (or whatever you call em). Cheap and works great :laugh:

When I had more money, I got myself one of those rubbery desk mats (similar to the one you had there). They're also cheap and prevents almost everything from sliding - including my coffee mug. Works good for me

Edit.. Damn you guys type fast.

I use Neoprene for my desk cover. I've had it for many years and it still looks like new. You can get different thicknesses and sizes. Google for Neoprene sheets, lots to choose from. Oh yeah, it's kind of pricey but it's worth it. Makes awesome mouse pads.

Head to your local walmart or equivalent store and head to the school supplies section (any store with this section should have this). Look for a roll of material that looks similar to what a bath mat would look like, it is thinner than a mousepad and has a bunch of holes in it. I wish I knew what it is called, but it is made to keep things from sliding around in drawers. Buy a small sheet of that stuff and cut it to the shape of your mousepad and problem solved. It shouldn't cost more than like $3.

@ utdarkviper If you're talking about what I think you're talking about; I don't think a mouse would track very well on that type of material :p

That material is to go under the mouse pad that he said had poor traction. "The keyboard and mouse pad have slid up." I guarantee you it will keep it from sliding.

I have a fairly nice desk setup. It's a 3 piece glass desk, very clean and modern, and plenty of space. One slight problem is that after a session of gaming or whatever else, the keyboard and mousepad have slid up and the only thing stopping them is the fact that they are now against the base of my monitor.

Is there some kind of desk mat or pad or other apparatus that will hold these in place? I'm not even putting any force on them, it's just that there is no grip whatsoever against the glass surface. I've looked into the Ripper XXL I believe it is called, but have never seen evidence that it will fix my problem.

Any suggestions would be great, I might post some pics to illustrate the issue. This also ends up totalllyyyy killing my back.

Thanks!

Get an optical pointer (mouse).

Your problem will disappear.

That material is to go under the mouse pad that he said had poor traction. "The keyboard and mouse pad have slid up." I guarantee you it will keep it from sliding.

Ohh! Haha....

Get an optical pointer (mouse).

Your problem will disappear.

What does that have to do with his keyboard and mousepad sliding.