[E3] Sony announces God of War 3

Sony announces God of War 3

Kratos is going to kick some Ancient Greek ass on the PS3. Sony just showed a CGI trailer confirming that one of the best action series ever made is coming to their next-generation console. God of War 3 will be released sometime "after this holiday season," so don't expect it until at least next year. But Sony has confirmed that PS3 owners will be getting a visit from everybody's favorite godkiller.

Joystiq

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Here's some wallpapers I whipped up! They're not bad, but they could be better (don't have my trusty photoshop on me!). However, I'm sure they'll tide you over until better ones come out :p Made 'em for PS3, PSP and PC.

God of War 3 Wallpaper 1

th_godofwar3wp1920.png

1920x1080

1680x1050

1280x1024

1280x720

1024x768

480x272

God of War 3 Wallpaper 2

th_godofwar3wp2-1920.png

1920x1080

1680x1050

1280x1024

1280x720

1024x768

480x272

God of War Trailer

Kratos looks amazing! He actually looks like he has a soul (or lack thereof!) behind those eyes now. Absolutely jaw dropping. It looks better then the FMVs in the PS2 version. Can't wait for this :)

Knew it was coming. Wish they would have showed some actual gameplay. Of course it doesn't matter because I will buy it anyway.

:wub: Love God of War. I may seriously have to buy a PS3 when this comes out. It's just with FF13 coming out for 360 now, it's harder to justify spending that much...

Gonna kick major ass!

Praying of a stealth March 2009 release on the cards to follow suit of every other GoW, but I ain't so sure :p

Feb - KZ2 and March - GoW3 would cripple me.

:wub: Love God of War. I may seriously have to buy a PS3 when this comes out. It's just with FF13 coming out for 360 now, it's harder to justify spending that much...

By the time FF13 comes out, the prices for both games will probably be the same. Blu-Ray will be even more mass produced, making it cheaper, and the 360 version will come on multiple DVDs (which I'm sure will bump up the price a little, even if it's only ?5/$5). PS3s will probably be cheaper by then (and may come down in price specifically to combat the 360 version).

:woot: I can't wait. I loved the trailer even if it wasn't in-game footage.

I think I will go back and play GOW 1 & 2, the announcement has definitely put me in the mood :yes:

By the way guys, I've ripped 28 screens from the trailer. It's mainly for those who can't view (or can't find) the trailer, however there are some *really* nice captures in here that you wouldn't really notice by watching it in real time, the human eye would barely even pick it up (I had to frame by frame it to get them!). The screens were taken from a 720p feed.

th_4.pngth_3.pngth_2.pngth_1.pngth_0.png

th_9.pngth_8.pngth_7.pngth_6.pngth_5.png

th_14.pngth_13.pngth_12.pngth_11.pngth_10.png

th_19.pngth_18.pngth_17.pngth_16.pngth_15.png

th_24.pngth_23.pngth_22.pngth_21.pngth_20.png

Image 28

Image 27

Image 26

Image 25

I've only just started playing God of War on PSP.

Must try and find a cheap copy of II on ebay. It will run on my 60GB right?

You can check what PS2 games work here

Thanks $n!pR

God of War II

Publisher: Sony Computer EntertainmentProduct No: SCUS-97481

Description: No major problems for this title.

:)

I've only just started playing God of War on PSP.

Must try and find a cheap copy of II on ebay. It will run on my 60GB right?

yeah

When GoW2 was released I played it on my PS3 60GB. I have ever played GoW2 in my PS2.