is a peck on the lips to a friend cheating or wrong?

hi everyone,

I have been dating my gf for ten months now and is she very different from me in terms of jealousy. For instance, she wouldnt get jealous if i dirty winded with a random person or gave my mate a peck on the lips. But for me i wouldnt do any of these as i dont think there right. After much discussion she could sees if she dirty winded with a stranger it would hurt so would never do it, but am i being over the top with her pecking her a mate once in a blue moon on the lips when it means nothing 2 her but might b for the odd photo? The thing is if i did it with anyone she wouldnt b concerned or jealous at all and just think im cute. She would consider anything more cheating tho and we both kind of agreed there is a big difference between a peck and an emotional attachment peck, cuz we peck al the time before kissing and the pecks last for ages and are very sensual.

So in short am i just being overly jealous over nothing. By the way its only happened once in ten months and it was last night at a party with a gd mate she aint seen in a year. She says she actually went for the cheek in the photo and he moved. I dont know because i wont there but she told me about it when she got back like it was nothing because her mates were saying i would be jealous and she thougght i wouldnt because were similar most the time and think the samething and she wouldnt care at all, i know because early on in our relationship i used to do it with my best mates before i decided its wrong and only she should have my lips. But she didnt care and thought they were cute.

. Thanks for any advice.

I'm maybe showing my age here but wtf does it mean when you're "Dirty winding"? Is that another expression for farting about?

As for her pecking a mate on the lips, unless it's involves tongues as well you're being a little too sensitive. She trusts you so try to trust her too.

It's not the physical act that is cheating, but what is in your heart that cheats.

First time that I have heard that. I believe that more than other 'Is it cheating?' lines that I have heard before

im sorry for my poor use of grammar, im writing on my phone as best i can.

The thing is i know that im being stupid and she loves me more than anything and wouldnt do anything to hurt me. I do trust her more then anyone in the world which is prob why i get scared and overly look into these thing s. Because my last gf of three years cheated on me and i know i shouldnt let that affect my judgement cuz not everyone isnt the same, but its easier said than done.

im sorry for my poor use of grammar, im writing on my phone as best i can.

The thing is i know that im being stupid and she loves me more than anything and wouldnt do anything to hurt me. I do trust her more then anyone in the world which is prob why i get scared and overly look into these thing s. Because my last gf of three years cheated on me and i know i shouldnt let that affect my judgement cuz not everyone isnt the same, but its easier said than done.

Well I may be assuming wrong, but judging by your age...love at this point isn't something you've fully grasped yet. If you think it will affect you in the long run, well then you must accept that and move on to someone else. If you can live with that paranoia, then by all means go ahead. The guy in the movie The Wedding Date put it best...you can go in search of someone else and hope it works out, or marry her and spend the rest of your lives having really great makeup sex. Just a thought ;)

I actually double checked with my boyfriend and his opinion, and he agrees with me pretty much - it's not acceptable because you don't like it. We would never do that, it doesn't seem normal or right, and we would tell the other person not to or leave them. If she won't stop, then move on to someone who shares your views about this.

Why would you want to be so close and flirty with another person? It just sounds like someone looking for whatever attention they can get, and maybe even to take it further. If that's what you get to see, what else happens behind your back and gets hidden? I would never behave that way with another guy, not because it's outright wrong and deserves execution, but mostly because it's really pushing the boundary, going as far as you can before it's "official cheating".

I know you said you trust her, but that little prickle of jealousy isn't completely useless or bad, it can serve as a useful emotion to warn you. If she wouldn't get jealous I can only think that she doesn't take the relationship as seriously as you.

Hell no, a kiss is a kiss! She should've pushed away even if she hand't see that chump in 40 years :p.

However if it was a girl... then stakes change... Talk about double moral :rofl: :p

No but seriously, I would be really p*ss*d, it shows complete disrespect for you.

Edit: +1 for the what is "dirty winding" ?

I guess its the new street word for dirty windows?

winding = grinding with a chick in a club (i think).... dirty winding is making it hott! hands all over each other n stuff i would presume....

Dont go kissing other people on the lips when you're with someone. period. Even if it doesn't mean anyhting to you, or maybe even your girlfriend, it JUST MIGHT mean something to the 'mate' you kissed... and that can lead to a misunderstanding/bad situation.

if someone had their hands all on my girl "dirty winding" or whatever, id have my fist all over his face. Only time that would be right is if she was an actress in a play. Other than that, there is a reason we call it being "a couple", it means only 2.

it's still not confirmed.... what's this dirty winding? sounds like something w/ farting.

hehe no, read my post at the top of the page. im 98% sure thats what hes talkin about.

Peck on the lips and then peck on the ****.

OH hell no!!!

PS. if dirty winding = grinding... I'd grind his arse in a meat grinder then send HER TEH F**K away!!!

• Jim K locked this topic