Used car lemon law

what can i do about this? I bought a used Toyota RAV4 from a dealer and I thought it was a good deal, little did I know that there are a lot of bad things the dealer tried to hide from me. Until after I signed the check and waited for the car to be inspected we spot that the fender above the rear right wheel was hit and damaged. I pointed it out to the saleman and he started talking mumble jumble and said it was sold as is. Then now that the car is at home for 2 days, I found that the driver door does not open to key entry and the alarm can not be disable in case we lose the remote control. The button to disable the alarm is jammed or broken. Isn't there some law protecting me or help me get the dealer to fix these flaw? Oh and the car is under a 2months or 3000 miles warranty. Please help. oh and i'm in fort worth tx.

Most states have a 48 hour Policy on Used Cars that the dealer has to refund your money within 48 hours of purchase assuming that the item is in the same condition it was in at the time you received it.

Call your local government office FIRST THING in the morning and consult them on the Automobile Lemon Laws for your state.

sorry to hear that man

I almost brought a dud, but the mechanic came clean with me in the end, thankgod because it was outta my desired price range anyway.

One other thing you can do since you still have a warranty is to take the car back to the dealer, tell them to fix all the problems. you might also want to get the record of the car. just go to carfax.com and get it...

Sorry about the raw deal dude. But you asked for it when YOU didn't look the car over and signed the check. NEVER NEVER trust a sales person, whether they are your friend or not. Check your local laws.

Any hue, if you are planning on buying a used car FIRST GO TO

WWW.CARFAX.COM it is a lifesaver.

I bought my car used from a Honda dealer. It is a Mazda 626. It was only 2 years old with 6,000 miles on it. I didn't trust the sales people I asked to use their computer to check. It turned out it was previously owned by the state and no record of any damage. So I got a 26,000 dollar car for 11,000. The dealer wouldn't even tell who owned it first. Just that it had only one owner. They even gave me that "old lady drove routine". Can't trust sales people.