Ron Artest is a Houston Rockets

Rockets agree to send pick, Greene, Jackson to Kings for Artest

ronartest.jpg

Ron Artest didn't opt out, then doubted his decision, asked for a trade, then backed off. It looks like none of that is Sacramento's problem anymore.

NBA front-office sources confirmed to ESPN.com that Artest will be dealt to the Rockets in exchange for Houston's first-round draft pick in 2009, ex-King Bobby Jackson (who arrives with a $6.1 million expiring contract) and the draft rights to Donte Greene. The Kings will also receive more than $1 million in cash, according to The Houston Chronicle, but the deal can't be announced before Aug. 14 because Greene is not eligible to be traded before then.

The trade -- which will reunite Artest with Rick Adelman, one of his favorite coaches -- was first reported by the Chronicle.

"Yes, it has been tentatively agreed upon," said Artest's agent, Mark Stevens, according to KRIV television in Houston. "Now it has to be confirmed by the league office and until that is done, it's not official."

Source: ESPN

The trade won't be complete until August 14th, which is when Donte Greene will have been a Houston Rockets for 1 month.

Also I would like to note..Daryl Morey is a beast when it comes to trade...why?

He has done these trades:

Rockets Get:

Jackie Butler and the draft rights to Luis Scola

Spurs Get:

Vassilis Spanouli

Rockets Get:

Bobby Jackson

Hornets Get:

Bonzi Wells

Mike James

Rockets Trade:

Joey Dorsey

Donte Greene

2nd Round Pick '09

Memphis / Portland Recieve:

Nick Batum

Darrell Arthur

i heard about this from one of my friends this evening. some people seem to be thoroughly excited, although i dont necessarily care for him much.

Pretty solid pick up. If the Rockets can ever get Yao and McGrady healthy for a serious length of time, the Rockets would be a major factor. But if those guys keep getting little nagging injuries and aren't on the court, forget it. Artest should provide another option on offense though, and he always brings the defense.

i heard about this from one of my friends this evening. some people seem to be thoroughly excited, although i dont necessarily care for him much.

As a Houston Rockets fan / native, this is a huge trade for the Rockets. They gave up nothing (again) for a amazing player. If he keeps his head straight we have this in the bag for next year. All it takes is for T-Mac / Yao / Artest to be healthy.

Funny thing, there was a rumor that a huge trade would be happening this week from a few people inside the Rockets ticket sales and they said the trade would be for Allen Iverson..I'll take this though...Artest brings some very very rough defensive.