Cheapest HDTV?

Ok, so here's the deal. I moved to LA a few months back in order to get into the gaming industry. I have done so successfully, but, as you may know, the pay in this field is terrible. My room consists of a bed and a lamp. Period. My Wii, which has always traveled everywhere with me, has been in a box since the move because I have no television.

My question is this: what is the cheapest HD television you can find? I don't have cable, so no need to worry about a tuner. It will only be used for gaming and watching movies. I require widescreen, component video input, and a good picture for my budget. What is my budget? Well, let's just say I usually have between $100 and $200 left over each month after rent and utilities (I told you pay in this industry sucks).

Let me know what you think! I've been looking for months, but am stumped.

Ok, so here's the deal. I moved to LA a few months back in order to get into the gaming industry. I have done so successfully, but, as you may know, the pay in this field is terrible. My room consists of a bed and a lamp. Period. My Wii, which has always traveled everywhere with me, has been in a box since the move because I have no television.

My question is this: what is the cheapest HD television you can find? I don't have cable, so no need to worry about a tuner. It will only be used for gaming and watching movies. I require widescreen, component video input, and a good picture for my budget. What is my budget? Well, let's just say I usually have between $100 and $200 left over each month after rent and utilities (I told you pay in this industry sucks).

Let me know what you think! I've been looking for months, but am stumped.

first off, how much you paying in rent/utilities a month? if the money in the gaming industry is terrible, why even get in it? on to your question...

Philips 42" Widescreen 1080p HDTV Plasma TV - $330 (los angeles) @ craigslist.org i dont know how or if this is legit but give it a shot..

first off, how much you paying in rent/utilities a month? if the money in the gaming industry is terrible, why even get in it? on to your question...

Philips 42" Widescreen 1080p HDTV Plasma TV - $330 (los angeles) @ craigslist.org i dont know how or if this is legit but give it a shot..

First off, I pay around $1000/month on rent and utilities. I have a roommate and our apartment is spacious and centrally located, but even if I were to find a "cheaper" place, it would only be like $50 or so. This is the price of living in LA. As for why I got in, it is because I really want to work on the latest and greatest games. I have experience in business software engineering, which would pay exponentially more, but I would not be happy.

As for your find, it seems pretty sketchy. That TV retails for over $1000 more than advertised, so I'm going to have to go ahead and skip it. Thanks for the effort, though. I should try Craigslist.