[VS 2008 C++] LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file

Question

Hi!

The attached .zip is an SDK for a surveillance DVR that I'm trying to write some software for. My intention is to write the software in LabVIEW, however, all the examples are written in C++ which I'm not as familiar with (although I learned C at one point in my life...so i just know enough to be a n00b).

I'm trying to compile the sample projects/source files with Visual C++ 2008 Express. For every sample project I get the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ildvrsdkd.lib'

I think it has to do with this line in my build log:

/OUT:"../debug/Live.exe" /INCREMENTAL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:".\Debug\Live.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:".\Debug/Live.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib ildvrsdkd.lib Winmm.lib vfw32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

".\Debug\Live.obj"

".\Debug\StdAfx.obj"

".\Debug\Live.exe.embed.manifest.res"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @v:\DVR\samples\Live\Debug\RSP0000049764872.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"
Creating temporary file "v:\DVR\samples\Live\Debug\RSP0000059764872.rsp" with contents
[
/o ".\Debug/Live.bsc"

.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr

.\Debug\Live.sbr
]
Creating command line "bscmake.exe @v:\DVR\samples\Live\Debug\RSP0000059764872.rsp /nologo"

Reading the documentation (which is translated from Korean btw), it looks like the ildvrsdkd.lib is what establishes communication with the ildvrsdk.dll that contains all the hardware and network level code (so pretty important). I'm not sure if the file is just in the wrong location, or what. I'm having a hard time figuring out where VS C++ refers to the particular file so I can check the file path out.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

thanks!

-shad

2 answers to this question

Go to Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > VC++ Directories

Select the Library files option from the drop down menu

Add the folder where the ildvrsdk.lib file is located.