[NFL] Favre heading to Bucs?

Stalemate with Packers turns Favre's attention to Bucs, Jets

After two days of extensive meetings with Brett Favre, Mike McCarthy doesn't believe the quarterback is in the "right mindset" to play for the Green Bay Packers.

But Favre might be in the mindset to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or New York Jets. According the NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Favre spoke to both the Buccaneers and Jets on Tuesday to discuss a possible trade with one of the two clubs.

Meanwhile, McCarthy told reporters that he met with Favre for about four hours on Monday night and again Tuesday morning, leaving the discussions convinced Favre wants to play this season, but not for the Packers.

"The one thing I was looking for out of that conversation, was (whether) he (was) ready, committed to play football for the Green Bay Packers," McCarthy said. ". . . I don't want to speak for him, but based on where he is and the path that it took for him to get to this part, he wasn't in the right mindset to play here."

Even with the chance to win his starting job back potentially on the table, McCarthy said Favre couldn't seem to get past emotional wounds that were opened as tensions mounted in recent weeks.

NFL

Wow... I gotta agree that Brett doesn't seem to have the right mindset. If anything, he shouldn't have retired and finished his contract. After a season like last year, why kill that kind of potential? IMHO, he's screwed up his legacy by retiring and then forcing the Packers into such an odd predicament. I believe he's still got it in him to lead a team, but what's been said is that he's confused as to why he's being treated this way; my gut says the stardom got to his head and he thought he would come back with ease.

After having retired, he should've stayed that way.

This whole Brett Favre fiasco is quite ridiculous, I'm glad it's done. Now he can play for 1 year at NYJ.

i hope the packer organization dies for years to come because of the way they treated the greatest qb of all time... he made your team good again and this is how you treat him?

I don't see why he would want to play for the Jets. They aren't going to contend for the Superbowl anytime soon

I think his ultimate goal is to be traded back to the NFC North, which the Packs were reluctant to do

I don't see why he would want to play for the Jets. They aren't going to contend for the Superbowl anytime soon

I think his ultimate goal is to be traded back to the NFC North, which the Packs were reluctant to do

Yeah, that wasn't going to be happening anytime soon :laugh:

Being from Tampa it was really funny to see the local news and how some player that had #4 had to change his number because of speculation.

I wouldn't call him the best QB of all time.... hes getting weathered and probably only has 3 more years on his physical ability to play.

Same thing was said last season about the Packers and Favre and look at the season they had.

I'm a pretty big fan of Favre, and the Packers. While it would've been one thing if he changed his mind a week or two after announcing retirement, I don't see why the administration for the Packers are getting flak for this decision. Favre waited 3 months to completely change his mind. In that time they've been practicing with Rodgers as their lead and I don't think you can reasonably expect them to just bring Favre back in with less than a month until the preseason starts. It's an unfortunate situation. I'll still be rooting for the Packers, but I also might have to start rooting for the Jets.

-Spenser

Same thing was said last season about the Packers and Favre and look at the season they had.

First of all, the Packers play in the NFC. In the NFC North, no team is guaranteed to win the division. As far as I'm concerned, it's still a toss-up between the Vikings and the Packers

The Jets play in the AFC East. The Patriots are guaranteed to win that division, barring injury. That means the only chance that the Jets have of making the playoffs is by earning one of two Wildcard spots. Jacksonville, in pretty much everybody's mind, is still a better team than the Jets. The Titans, last year's second wildcard team, probably got lucky. Cleveland is a much better team on paper, and almost took their spot

Really, the only thing that the Jets have going for them is they have a relatively easy schedule, and play in a weak division. They have a chance at a wildcard seed, but they certainly aren't on par with the likes of New England, Indianapolis, or San Diego. Even if they make the playoffs during the next 3 or so years, I doubt that they'll ever make it to the Championship game. Therefore, they still have no shot at the Superbowl

NYJ barely have a chance to make the playoffs, but the execs don't care, they are going to be hauling in the cash with Favre selling seats and merch.