Best Cell Phone Company for NJ  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best Cell Phone Company for NJ

• Verizon
    • Cingular
    • Sprint
    • T-Mobile
    • ATT

im in PA and verizon works perfect for me, always clear and great service even in buildings and nj is real close so maybe youll have the same results. :)

I used to have Verizon, and have zero complaints. Connection was always clear, plans are priced competitively, huge coverage area. The ONLY reason I left, was because they didn't have the "cool" phones gsm companies do. So I went to T-Mobile, and yet again, no complaints. Calls are clear, good prices, the coverage area isn't as large, but that's because they use the gsm network. Verizon is on the cdma. I started out with SprintPCS. Will NEVER use them again. When I signed up, they some how gave me two phone numbers, but only one is tied to the phone. The other isn't tied to anything, and has never been used. Well they charged me 40 permonth for that extra phone number. One day they sent me a 600 dollar bill for that number. I drove an hour down to the nearest sprintpcs phone 3 times, and called tech support probably 10. For awhile the store people said i had to call tech support, and then tech support said i had to talk to the store, etc. The funny thing is, the people at the store agreed with me. They couldn't figure out why that number was there, or why i was being charged for it. Well eventually, someone at tech support finally understood what was going on. I had to take it all the way to their billing appeals board before it was taken care of. By then the bill was over 2000, and i wasn't even a spring customer anymore.

If you want a good plan, huge coverage area, and nice simple phone, Verizon is the only choice. If you want to be able to use phones with all the cool gadets, go T-Mobile. but remember the coverage are is quite a bit smaller. I really don't have a serious preference between the two, other than T-Mobile sell the sweet SE T68i.

I use T-Mobile...i have a plan that suits me perfectly....$30 a month for 250 weekday minutes and free weekends...no roaming, no long distance...and 500 text/AOL Instant Messenger messages...Coverage has been great except for once when i drove through west alabama there was none...and i cant get any service in the bathroom at walmart...but other than that its been perfect

Thanks for the experience guys. I was wondering if anyone out there maybe even used the T-Mobile Sidekick. Considering that as well.

What didn't you like about it?

Well for once my bill was supost to be around $50 with tax and everything. My first Bill came up to that amount. my second was about $9 over. then it went all the way up to $300 usd one month... I use the phone a lot as you can see.. :p too many calls. if you guys don't belive this you can ask Nekrosoft 13 he saw my bill :happy:

I'm thinking of going to Nextel. A lot of my friends use them, they say their phones are great and have pretty good service plans (sorta expensive from what I pay now). I have Sprint PCS and my phone sucks, always having to be recharged :(

My personal experiences with both AT&T and Cingular led me to switching to T-Mobile. I have never had better customer service from any provider. Plus after having driven cross country three times this year, I can attest to the fact that no matter where I went (except West Texas where even AM radio is hard to get) I got a signal. They also feature some good phones and still have free nights and weekends, which are my lifeblood.

Well right now I have sprint, I wouldn't get sprint unless you are going to be using it alont major higways alot...cause thats where all their towers are. The only reason I went with sprint is because it's the only provider where I could get a local number back home ( I'm in college) and still have free nights and weekends where I live down here without going into roam...and so it's local for my family to call me since I started the account back home...

I used to have Cellular One, I liked it but if you want a big coverage area it's going to cost you. But around where I lived it worked perfect...

But PCS phones are way cooler than any other providers...

Well for once my bill was supost to be around $50 with tax and everything. My first Bill came up to that amount. my second was about $9 over. then it went all the way up to $300 usd one month... I use the phone a lot as you can see.. :p too many calls. if you guys don't belive this you can ask Nekrosoft 13 he saw my bill :happy:

Well, you just have to pick a plan that really suits your style then. seems to be more of a plan issue rather than service. I am not sure if other service provider has this, but I was told by a friend that AT&T has a plan where you pay $100 a month for unlimited minutes, etc.

Oh yeah, Nextel does not have cool phones... their reception is suppose to be the best, but also the most expensive. Their phones are fat and dated too.

The way you should go about selecting service provider is understand the coverage from each of the providers... for the area that concerns you. For example, T-Mobile has excellent reception in some parts of California, whereas in other parts, it's totally out. (One time I was with a friend, drove by this poor neighborhood in L.A. - no reception. But next street, a better neighborhood, the bar was full.)

As for phones... excluding the GSM phones you can import for Cingular and T-Mobile, Sprint has the coolest phones. Nextel probably has the crappiest selection of phones. Verizon is slightly above AT&T.

• 2 weeks later...

i liked Verizon on my cell phone last summer when i got my phone and was able to afford a plan.

all though lately i haven't been able to start my service backup cuz i got other more important things to pay for.

but i was happy with there service at the time i had it.

i use T-Mobile.. very good around here.. (Houston, Texas) lots of friends have this service too and they too love it.. (me likes the 500 2way messages... we msg each other alot.. i mean alot.. lol..)

Price -- $49.99

Whenever minutes -- 3000 minutes

500 2-Way Text Messaging -- $2.99

My Phone (i have customized mine.. w/ lights etc.)

ph_8390_phd.jpg