zcover silicon keyboard protection

Hello everyone,

I'd like to buy a silicon cover for my new MB. You know those zcover.com silicon protections. Did anyone ever try the Adobe Photoshop cover on a MB?

Also, I was wondering if there was a same product for Aperture 2.0, maybe from another website/company

NB.: Oh and I have a french canadian keyboard, I guess that makes things harder to find

Regards,

pinky

Hello everyone,

I'd like to buy a silicon cover for my new MB. You know those zcover.com silicon protections. Did anyone ever try the Adobe Photoshop cover on a MB?

Also, I was wondering if there was a same product for Aperture 2.0, maybe from another website/company

Regards,

pinky

I tried one not to long ago, can't remember who it was made by as it came from a friend on another team around here, but I really didn't like the way it felt on the keyboard to be honest. They work ok, a bit squishy to me but they reduce the actual tactile feedback from your keyboard...

They seem accurate enough as to the shortcut keys, but I just couldn't get by the feeling.

They are indeed useful but I had to remove mine because I missed the 'feel' of my Macbook's keyboard. As Cara said it reduces the tactile feedback and it just made typing become more uncomfortable. It depends on the user as to whether that will affect their experience or not.

It could be a good idea to get a PS Shortcut overlay though, because you wouldn't be constantly using the keyboard.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using one right now to type this message. I don't make any spelling mistakes with it and I type much faster. And the covers are PC compatible! ;)

I like using them. They are quite useful. I've spilt coffee on it a few times. You can chuck em in the dishwasher too. I'm lazy.

I use a iSkin.com skin for my MacBook keyboard. I find that typing with it is quieter than without it, it's so far done a great job of keeping my keyboard clean and so far I have zero complaints. It took me a few minutes to get used to it, but now I'm fine with it.

Nice thing is you can wash them when it's dirty or you spill something on it. :yes: