install files

Do you save your install files?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you save your install files?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes

I save all my install files...each program has its own folder... in case i ever want to go back to an older version...does anyone else save them? or do you delete them after installation?

I might save a few things that are noteworthy but generally I'd rather redownload them. But not everyone has high speed internet (though they should, grin).

I used to keep a large collection of apps and game patches, but after I got broadband it's just easier to download the stuff again when I need it. Saving reg keys and passwords is more important... keeping them all in a notebook.

I voted sometimes but know that I think about it I have a tendency to save every thing, plus every time I reformat I reback up every thing, instead of just adding whats new.

I guess if I was a little more orginized it wouldn't be this way.

I need AA for files saving.

I gave up saving files when I had so many it took less time to download (smaller) apps than it did to find the files! For larger files I still save them, but wish I had the foresight to rename some of them as the naming conventions used by some people are so illogical it hurts!

Years ago I used to thinking that if something would happen I would use them to reinstall, but after having a few dozen formats over the years there's no real point in it. Most of the time they've been updated since you first installed. Why leave them laying around taking up space?

Why leave them laying around taking up space?

if you are low on space that makes sense, but if youve got 105GB free, why not save them...