Cherry Pal - what is the deal?

I hope it is real.

Source: www.cherrypal.com

CherryPal Delayed Shipping Notice - CherryPal Pre-Orders are on Hold (August 6, 2008)

Thank you for your interest in the CherryPal C100. Unfortunately, our first delivery of C100s has been delayed. We are working diligently to ensure that there are no bugs in the system and appreciate your patience while we fine-tune your CherryPal. If you have pre-ordered a C100 and would like your purchase to be refunded, please email refund@cherrypal.com.

If you are happy with your pre-order status, we will send you your CherryPal C100 once it arrives. (The exact date is TBD.) If you want to order a CherryPal C100, please check back to this page later in August. Thanks for understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-The CherryPal Team.

Lol when I first read the title I thought it would be some cheap knockoff product from China :p

But what's the point?

Freescale?s MPC5121e mobileGT processor, 800 MIPS (400 MHz) of processing

256 MB of DDR2 DRAM

4GB NAND Flash-based solid state drive

WiFi 802.11b/g Wi-Fi

Two USB 2.0 ports

One 10/100 Ethernet with RJ-45 jack

One VGA DB-15 display out jack

Headphone level stereo audio out 3.5mm jack

9vDC 2.5mm 10 watt AC-DC adapter power supply

Weighs 10 ounces

1.3? high, 5.8? x 4.2? wide

• 2 weeks later...
The site is up and running for me. Cherry Pal is a "Cloud" computer, since no real storage is included, everything is saved on the Web (50Gb).

Ehh, won't sell. Where is the option to upgrade in the near future? And storge on the web, takes a toll on the internet connection and won't be as fast so I doubt this will ever come up.

Edit: I taught about it, Tree hugers would love to have this machine. Good idea but ehhh...

• 2 weeks later...

Good news: CherryPal is a real product with real Freescale parts - I verified with the PR person as I was getting nervous, especially when the site went down. The site was fixed within hours, a technical glitch of some sort.

Bad news: no shipping date as yet. I wonder if they're beta testing in some third world country, if they're waiting quality assurance clearance on software, or if the cloud hasn't picked up enough humidity to fly...

I continue to be an anticipated fan as I learn more about the competition, the cloud, the industry, and end user's needs, pains, wants and eagerness for a new, easy to use, cheap, green machine.

http://cherrypal.blogspot.com CherryPal 4Every1 (CPFE) is the number one CherryPal fan site with info on CP discounts, gigs, sitings, buyings and cloud computing and green computing raves...Use CODE CPP206 for $10 off a CherryPal C100 desktop. Subscribe at http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?previewfeed=424285