IBM 40 GIG UDMA100 Raid IDE Primary Slave

Yamaha 16-10-40X CD-RW IDE Primary Master

Plextor 16X DVD Secondary Master

256 MB PC133 Ram

LeadTek Geforce2 Pro 64MB

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Intel 10/100 PCI NIC

350Watt PSU

My problem lies in CD-R Win, I created a CD Image at work and I want to burn it at home but I face one problem. I've installed CD-R Win 4.0 on my machine and it doesn't recognize my CD-RW Drive. I downloaded and installed both Adaptec and the other ASPI Driver avaliable at GoldenHawk's page and still no resolution. It picks up the CD-RW Drive but nothing is burnt onto the CD. Is there something I'm doing wrong, I don't know what to do to get this fixed and we plan on createing CUE/BINS of all our software CDS as backups if they go bad. Please let me know.

Thanks

PrinceAli0

Try to arrange your HDs/CDRW/DVD the following way

Maxtor 50 GIG UDMA100 Raid IDE Primary Master

IBM 40 GIG UDMA100 Raid IDE Primary Slave

Plextor 16X DVD Secondary Master

Yamaha 16-10-40X CD-RW IDE Secondary Slave

Tried it yesterday,

Even did a clean install of RC2 and just the burning software, regardless of what I do nothing seems to work. Rearranged the IDE Devices, even pulled the DVD. Is there some problem with most CD Burning software and win XP RC2 or all version for that matter I can't seem to get any of them working correctly. Please if you got your CD Burning software to work, let me know.

Thanks

PrinceAli0

i tried nero, nti cd maker 2000pro and cdrwin and what happened was, my whole system became slow as hell.

i could hardly move the mouse cursor, the keyboard response reached about 10secs.

the only solution was to reboot, but again it took like 10 mins.

cpu utilization was 100% and didn't want to drop down.

i don't know about succesful burning coz i used a testing mode.

all tests passed but the system had to be rebooted.

there's something wrong with burning on xp.

on winme burning goes like a charm.

my specs:

winxp rc2 2535

abit bx133-raid

celly II 633

384 ram pc 133

plex 16/10/40A 1.03

....what version of CD-Rwin are you using? The 4.0 beta doesn't work properly. I've tried burning images from that myself, and even though it said that the burning was successful, nothing was burnt...however it works when creating images. In order to burn them, try using FireBurner...not the beta, but any version preceding that...should work just fine. That's what I do, and I haven't faced any problems yet. ;)

i agree with syntax error... they're probably adding support for more burners and fixing problems since 4.0 is in beta... i used all letters of the 3.8 version from "c" and above on different computers, and they worked like a charm after installing the adaptec aspi layer. try 3.8 =p hope it works for ya

I guess I'll give it another shot with 3.8, I need an adaptec software or hardware to be able to install the Adaptec ASPI, is there some work around for it. Please let me know. Also I've tried fireburn but I need the Adaptec for that also, right?? Please let me know.

Thanks

PrinceAli0

Hi, it is not the problem of RC 2, or your computer, or your burner.

It is CDR WIN!!!!!!

The soft is booby trapped!!!!

It lets you burn everything, but when it finishes the CD is FULL, but BLANK!!!!!!!

There is only one crack that works, e mail me for it

C ya

www.mp3.com/r00tcracker

yeah that is true... if you are using a crack, use the crack that has an option to "get information from cdrwin.dat," that's all... not promoting warez or nothing, just providing information =p

Well, in that case, all in all, the best alternative is to not use the 4.0 beta...it's too risky...just go along with the preceding builds. The objective is to burn the CD, which the older builds accomplish flawlessly.